“Chinese dim sum and dinner for two...”
Review of Golden Rice Bowl

Golden Rice Bowl
Ranked #152 of 2,502 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail North
Reviewed June 8, 2012

A very crowded and busy restaurant serving chinese cuisine. Found it to be a bit noisy in there. Food is ok good but a bit over-priced, especially for a la carte dinner items. I only come here once in a while, not regularly.

There are newer reviews for Golden Rice Bowl

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a highly popular restaurant with the local Chinese diaspora. This is usually a good quality indicator. But, beware of arriving after 11:30 a.m. The restaurant is usually packed and you will need more than a little patience. It is frustrating when, so often, they stick you (a small party of two) away in a corner. You sit for ages watching the big tables being served and you just have a pot of tea. This place needs more staff.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I came with my family for dim sum and it was close to 1PM and there was a line up almost to the door. That's a good sign if it's busy so the food much be good. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes but I recommend that you elbow your way to the front and let the hostess know how many and then stay close to the front.

The restaurant is beautiful with the red covered chairs and I'm sure it's a popular place for special occasions. We were told there were 3 events; wedding, one month baby celebration, and a birthday, that evening!

We were seated in a corner but I didn't mind as it can get noisy in there. The carts of dim sum came out steadily and there was variety. We ordered the usual dim sum; dumplings, shrimp cakes, tofu, and bbq pork buns. I was disappointed they didn't bring sticky rice and next time I'll have to try the rice noodle roll. The prices are a bit higher than other places but I'm sure it's to cover their decor costs.

It's a good idea to come earlier at 10AM or later at 1PM if you don't like waiting. If you do go later though, there's not much selection and food around 2PM.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have to admit I have only been here for Dim Sum but our last experience was not great. The place was overcrowded, the tables were dirty, the carpet was ripped and the service was not great. We have not been back and probably won't as it is now out of our way to go there.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We went there with a party of 16 and the service was fast, food was great and price worked out to about $20/person.