“Very good dim sum and great service too”
Review of Golden Rice Bowl

Golden Rice Bowl
Ranked #256 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail North
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I came with my family for dim sum and it was close to 1PM and there was a line up almost to the door. That's a good sign if it's busy so the food much be good. We didn't wait longer than 10 minutes but I recommend that you elbow your way to the front and let the hostess know how many and then stay close to the front.

The restaurant is beautiful with the red covered chairs and I'm sure it's a popular place for special occasions. We were told there were 3 events; wedding, one month baby celebration, and a birthday, that evening!

We were seated in a corner but I didn't mind as it can get noisy in there. The carts of dim sum came out steadily and there was variety. We ordered the usual dim sum; dumplings, shrimp cakes, tofu, and bbq pork buns. I was disappointed they didn't bring sticky rice and next time I'll have to try the rice noodle roll. The prices are a bit higher than other places but I'm sure it's to cover their decor costs.

It's a good idea to come earlier at 10AM or later at 1PM if you don't like waiting. If you do go later though, there's not much selection and food around 2PM.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have to admit I have only been here for Dim Sum but our last experience was not great. The place was overcrowded, the tables were dirty, the carpet was ripped and the service was not great. We have not been back and probably won't as it is now out of our way to go there.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We went there with a party of 16 and the service was fast, food was great and price worked out to about $20/person.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We highly recommend this restaurant and have tried to sample Chinese at so many different venues in town. You can order the Americanized version of Chinese here and you can also order off the actual Chinese menu if you chose.

They offer dim sum as well and it is some of the best we have had, with carts that are constantly rolling around with many different alternatives - leave lots of time to sample and be patient - otherwise you order too much at the beginning and leave all the other nice options that pass by during the rest of your visit.

Service here has been fantastic when we've visited - never difficult finding staff and never much time waiting around to order or pay the bill. The staff always seem polite, friendly and good-humoured and we really appreciate this.

1  Thank Time-and-Away
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our first time ordering from the GRB. We were looking for a different chinese restaurantsda than usual. Food was fantastic but pricy for two appetizers & three mains. We didn't bother to check the prices first. We were surprised at the cost when it arrived at the door $70! However, we have lots of left overs! The delivery charge was minimal once we figured out the individual prices for each dish. So dining in or out the price difference isn't that much. We will order again at some point ..but not before checking out other Chinese food restaurants first.