Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West
Fairmont.com
$91
Travelocity
1,076 results
All reviewshomefire grillfront deskone way streetpool areacontinental breakfastparking lotedmonton westhot tubmin drivebreakfast areayogurtfridge and microwaveking bedroom was largecomfortable staystaying at this hotelexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Since I used to work in the hotel industry, it is dificult to stay in one. I am sure to pick apart every detail but I must say I have never been disappointed at the Wingate! Even when they are completely booked and bursting for occupancy, the staff is always calm, helpful and friendly. The rooms are extremely clean, the beds are comfortable and it's quiet at night. The restaurant Homefire Grille is just across the parking lot and has wonderful food.

A+! Would rather not even go to Edmonton if we had to stay at another hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wirun, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Very kind of you to say particularily as an experienced hotelier. Our associates pride themselves both in customer service and certainly in providing a clean hotel for all our guests. We receive many positive comments on the Homefire Grill restaurant - thank you for yours!

Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Very nice hotel for the price. The room was huge. Movies were $16 to rent which was completely unreasonable, but with the pool and hot tub you didn't need movies. Breakfast was very good. Good waffles :). Not a typical "muffin and OJ" continental breakfast. The service was above average and the facility was kept very clean. Uses the restaurant across the street for room service which is convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wirun, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. We receive many positive comments on our breakfast offer as we do the convenience of the Homefire Grill restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Me and my two children returned home yesterday from a two night, three day stay in Edmonton in this hotel.

I read the reviews before I left and was not sure what to expect. I was plesently surprised. We got a king bed, my son is 8 and daugher very young, so there was lots of room. The hotel room was very large. Had a microwave, a fridge and coffee maker. So it was great we could save some money and eat in the hotel room. The room was very clean and bright. The heating worked great. Bathroom decent size and decent tub. We asked for extra towels and had some in minutes of our request. We had no problems with noice, we were on the second floor room 206. The bed was comfortable and so was the chair, there was a large TV as well. Big closet for haning cloths and jacket in.

The pool area was great. I read mixed reviews about the water being cold etc but we found it fine. The kids loved the slide and I loved that they had a little area that my daugher could stay in and was perfect for her height. The only problem we had was that there was a hockey group staying at the hotel at the same time, so there were lots of 10 yr old boys at the hotel, the pool is not as big as it looks in pictures, which is fine but the boys kept knocking over my daugher while playing rough in the kiddie section, at one point they knocked her glasses off and she hit her head and was crying, there was no staff around the pool area and nor were the parents. But she was fine and went back in 5 min later and they eventally left and all was good.

We did not try the resturant. We did have the free breakfast- typical free breakfast. Eggs, Bacon, sausage, waffels, cereal, milk, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice, and coffee. So food was good. The service lady however was horrible, there was no strawberry sauce left for the waffels and I asked if they had any more and she was soooo rude ! Than she was getting upset because people didn't know how to use the waffel maker (cause everyone should know how to use an industrial waffel maker!). She was the only person who we found rude, all the other staff seemed friendly !

The location was awesome, close to all kinds of resturants, walmart, shops and 5 min drive to West Edmonton mall.

Over all great hotel. I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: 206 was a nice room with King bed!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Sincere thanks for such a wonderful review. By all accounts it appears we exceeded your expectations and that "you will be back!". Thank you for chosing the Wingate Inn Edmonton West and I personally look forward to the opportunity to meet you upon your return.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for a number of years while visiting Edmonton on business. The rooms are spacious and comfortable; the fitness facility is bright and pleasant; and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. The Homefire restaurant is conveniently situated a few steps across the parking lot and has a great menu with healthy, tasty, and well-presented options. The Wingate is at the top of my list for a West Edmonton hotel! Marie

Room Tip: North side is great as these face a field, so no direct light shinging into the room at night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Wirun, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Thank you very much for such positive comments and in particular the loyalty to our hotel for so many years. We appreciate you sharing your experience's and that it appears we not only met but exceeded your expectations since day 1. I will be sure to post your comments in respect to our friendly and welcoming staff for all to read and enjoy. Lastly, your observations of the Homefire Grill seems to be shared by virtually all of our guests. Great Food and a Great Staff.

Again, sincere thanks from all of us !!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West was comfortable and enjoyable. My purpose for staying was business and I found the location excellent. I was able to access my business call with ease as the location made it easy to get to all points. The spacious room made it quite easy to work in. I had no trouble working on my computer and following up with my paperwork due to the large working space. The Homefire Bar and Grill served up excellent meals and were not your regular restaurant style fare which made it nice for a person that is on the road a lot. The service was excellent and friendly. The location is close to West Ed Mall as well as a large Sports Bar if you want to get away a bit as well. I quite enjoyed my stay and will be staying there my next trip in.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are excellent
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Wirun, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words on the services and the convenience of the location of the Wingate Inn. Your feedback is important and sincerely appreciate you sharing all of the "positives" that we have to offer. I can assure you that we do everything possible to create enjoyable guest experience for each and every one of our guests.

Again, thank you "Saskatoon", we look forward to your return to Edmonton West and the Wingate Inn.

Jim Wirun GM