“Eh, if you have the time to wait and wait and wait.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Tony Roma's
Ranked #1,475 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Edmonton, Canada
“Eh, if you have the time to wait and wait and wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I joined my husband and in-laws mid-dinner and I should have brought a snack to tide me over. I ordered a glass of wine and an appetizer just as my family's meal was delivered. My family was finished with their meal before my order was delivered. This used to be the place to go for ribs and the like, but every time I go, I am more disappointed than the last.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Suzedanna

Alberta
“Ribs good - rest needs work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Tony Roma - 132 Avenue NW Edmonton

We shared a full slab of the Baby Back Ribs with the Original and Carolina Honey BBQ sauces on opposite ends at a light early supper last week. The ribs were tender and tasty and we preferred the sweeter honey sauce. The two regular side orders (beans & cole slaw) were small.

We tried a "premium side dish" of bacon / cheese / macaroni. It was macaroni in a basic white sauce with a dominate flavor of bread crumbs (not cheese) unless your fork had a bacon piece. Not sure how did this got thru the corporate menu development kitchen?

The coffee was a mellow brew and we enjoyed a key lime tart together.

Our server was pleasant and the hostess did not push us into a small table. The acting lady manager who stopped by our table did not handle our concerns over the macaroni & cheese side order.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Mr__LS99
Dieppe, Canada
“Poor food worse service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Find another place to eat every thing was a mess from poor service to poor food. The drinks were even a bit on the warm side

2 Thank Mlecky
“No longer a favourite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've eaten at this location many times and was always a fan, an opinion that had nothing to do with the fact that one of my children used to work there, and in fact I celebrated my 50th birthday therer But the last three times we've dined there we've come away disappointed. After our last visit, I doubt we'll be back. Used to be that if you didn't get there early you'd have a long wait for a table. On this occasion, we got there a bit later than usual, didn't have to wait and when we were finished, the dining room was practically deserted, similar to but more so than on our previous two visits. The service was terrible with only two servers for the entire place so it was probably a good thing there weren't many diners. One of their features on Tuesdays is Dinner and A Movie. The server informed us right off the bat that if we were interested in the dinner-and-a-movie special we were out of luck, they had no movie passes. We ordered and when our favourite and oft-ordered appetizer (Kickin' Shrimp) arrived, I nearly choked because the tails had been left on the shrimp and were concealed by the breading. It took several minutes to get the server's attention and when she did come to the table she said that they'd run out of the shrimp they usually use for this appetizer. I'm sorry... someone should have removed the tails from those shrimp! The experience went downhill from there.

• Visited May 2011