“Best place for Sushi in Edmonton”
Review of Kyoto Sushi Argyll

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Edmonton
“Best place for Sushi in Edmonton”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My husband and I have been going here for years and always have friendly service and most importantly fresh sushi! We've tried other sushi Restaurants and find no one can compare with the qualtiy of food, service and price. Our usual order is a stater of gyoza and miso soup (which our 2 year old gobbles up!) then on to tuna maki, salmon maki, cuccumber maki, shrimp & avacado roll, rainbow roll and then a different roll of choice... if we're starved that is! The kids love the shrimp & avacado roll with their meal of sukyaki beef/chicken. The restaurant itself is simple but comfortable. I enjoy the fact that they make the food the focus of the experience and not the place itself. It seems to be a trend theses days to put too much stalk into the appearace of a venue rather than the quality of food and service which should really matter most. Although we have moved out of the city and to Spruce Grove we make the trip in just to go to Kyoto and will continue to do so!

Edmonton, AB
“Second time here - has deteriorated”
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Although we had high expectations after our first experience here, things have deteriorated. Although portions of sashimi still are sizable, my wife noticed that they were microwaving unagi. Food in general didn't seem as fresh. The washroom (i.e. toilet) looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. Service is still better than most Asian restaurants.

Alberta
“Memorable”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Don't confuse this place with the other Kyoto restaurants in Edmonton. Menu is completely different, has many unique items and much, much better prices.

The crispy roll (a sushi roll that is actually served warm with a creamy sauce) it worth the trip all by itself.

Casual, friendly & not overpriced. You don't find this often in a Japanese restaurant!

1 Thank twosweethounds
Edmonton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi in a Quaint Setting”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I've been a customer of this independent Kyoto Sushi since 2004 & tried many menu items. For a group I particularly like the "Love Boat" but make sure there are enough of you because it's a lot of food.

I rely on my staple--the bento boxes because I really like getting the salad & dressing. There's a sign at each table explaining the ingredients so you could potentially make it at home.

The tuna is fresh & tasty here too so no matter what I order I add 2 pcs of tuna.

The Crispy Kyoto Roll is their specialty & if you don't mind a little spice, it's excellent. Spicy foods have grown on my over the last 5 years but I don't think I could have handled this one when I had no tolerance. The taste of the dressing is still very present so the spicyness doesn't overpower my impression of the roll.

In terms of the "atmosphere" well, you can tell they put their effort into their food and that's what matters anyways. If you're all about how fancy the place is then you should go somewhere else.

All in all, I really enjoy the sushi here & will come back for years.

1 Thank supersail
Mission, Canada
“Great Sushi at Affordable prices”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Been here for lunch with a group from work some weeks ago.
Shared some selections with the group, and found the food very palatable, i.e. mild or spicy. (I am a die-hard wasabi fan!)
It is not the typical sushi place that I am used to from Vancouver, where there is an abundance of sushi from which to choose. But this location definitely sated my appetite for sushi and it just might your's too.

2 Thank Cdn-Trvl_Writer