“Good food but very pricey...”
Review of Sofra

Sofra
Ranked #21 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Good food but very pricey...”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We ordered the three dip platter (feta, spicy tomato and eggplant) with pita bread ($27), red lentil soup which came with a cheese topped "pizza" like bread ($8) and a spinach salad ($9). The entrees were too expensive for us. With two beer, the total was very close to $58.00 for what was basically appetizers. That being said, what we had was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to a couple for a fancy date or occasion. I noticed that others tables were sharing entrees, so I'm not the only one who thought it was pretty steep.

3 Thank Kristineaux

Edmonton
“Canadian-Turkish more like it”
Reviewed January 24, 2009

It is an okay restaurant, but not quality Turkish food. I had the meat pide (sort of like a ground beef pizza). It had a thick layer of cheese on top if and it was extremely greasy. I've had this In Turkey and it was rather a light meal, I don't think it is supposed to be so greasy. My friend had the kofte (meatball) dish. It was better. But all the kebab dishes had the identical side dishes. Along with the greasy pide that is all they have to offer. I very small menu with not much options.

What bothered me was their reservation policy. Even if the place is empty, and it is -30 degrees outside, they don't serve if you don't have reservations. When we went there about a 70 percent of the seats were empty. It was a very cold day. People came all the way probably walkin as there is not much parking in downtown. They were turned away. I think it is quite rude. Not acceptable for that kind of place. It is the only decent Turkish restaurant in town but I don't think I will go there again.

6 Thank rs020314b
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fantastic food, although...”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Fantastic food, although the casseroles are a little pricey considering the amount you get. Best pita and hummus ever.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook