“Most authentic Thai we've found in Edmonton”
Review of Syphay Restaurant

Syphay Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Edmonton, Canada
“Most authentic Thai we've found in Edmonton”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Our go to Thai place in Edmonton. We've been to Bangkok and this is as close as we've come to food that tastes like it did i Thailand. The owners are mostly from Laos though so there is an added flavour depth from there too. Their Kom Kah Gai soup is to die for! I've taken groups of people there and we've never been disappointed. I've made new visitors into fans right away. Papaya salad is great, spicy. Curry is yummy, they'll do it as spicy as you like.

Some of the other reviews have mentioned bad service and of all the times we've been there I've never had that experience. It's a very small place (10-12 tables maybe) divided into two rooms. They are busy, but I've never had rude service, ever. My personal belief is that you get what you put out. We're always nice to them, and we get the same back.

• Visited October 2011

Edmonton, Canada
“Have gone back already...”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

because it was so good the first time! Don't judge the book by it's cover... the food is excellent. Love all the flavors of the foods I have tried so far and can't wait to try more.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Bad experience, reconsider...”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I went to this restaurant due to its ranking in trip advisor and we were craving thai food in Edmonton. However, what we experience was bad. At first, there was no server to bring us to a table and we stand at the entrance for a couple of mintues. Next, when asked for a traditional thai dish,egg omelette with pork, they said that thai restaurants in Canada do not make them. Ok, so we ordered the Tom Kah Seadfood and green curry chicken. When the Tom Kah came, there was so much coconut milk in it. It seemed that the chef just put the coconut milk in the tom yum soup without measuring the content. And when we tried the green curry, it was way to salty. My girlfriend likes salty food and it is too salty for her. I was really disappointed with the service and especially the food. Maybe it was a bad day for the Chef, but its no excuse. Won't be going there again.

3 Thank Jerroldlim
Edmonton
“Cozy inside,Great Service,Great Food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Went to this Restraurant because of tripadvisors review...........wanted something different,drove up to this place,looks rough on the outside............would never had gone in there by looking at it from the outside................. but I was so pleased with the food,also the girl serving us was very helpful as I did not have Thai food before...........can't wait to go back and try more dishes the food was great.............and so was the service!

1 Thank MarkTwain133
Ridgefield, Washington
“Food was good-but friendliness lacking”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Maybe traveling solo has some advantages but occasionaly it is not the best for dining experiences. First of all the food was good and I had one of the chicken curry dishes. The host and server was not at all warm or very friendly and seated me all alone in the front room- whereas all others arrriving in groups were seated in the main dining area. The food was brought to the table and left without comment. This restaurant may be highly rated for the Thai food in Edmonton- but don't expect any warm and fuzzies from the proprietors. Maybe it is the culture or maybe they are tired.

1 Thank MarkEdward