“Not The Worst”

Ranked #63 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“Not The Worst”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

But far from the best. The hotel rooms show obvious wear and lack of maintenance. Burnt out lights, lack of sound proofing, strange gritty debris by bathroom sink, burn marks in bathroom and bedroom furniture. The free wifi does not work. You can connect and browse one website and then it quits. But the room is spacious and the bed is clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AbBirdie
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I was very disappointed to see that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, I would appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and use those comments to improve our property. You can reach me directly at chris_s@novahotels.ca. Have a great day, Chris.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fort McMurray
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occasions. The rooms are very clean, the staff are so friendly and pleasant, the beds are the best I have ever had in any hotel chain, and I have stayed at the "best"! I would recommend this hotel to the most fussy person. I just love coming to this hotel to stay, every time we come to Edmonton we stay here in either the annex or the main building. Great Job!

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex are bigger, if you get one and do not want noise stay on the side facing parking...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your great review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Have a terrific day. Chris.
Edmonton
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at many hotels, and I usually have one little issue that bothers me. I recently stayed at the Chateau Nova Hotel. I was greeted by friendly staff. I was early for my 3 pm check in. Rather than tell me to come back, the front office staff put a rush on my room and advised that it would be ready within 15 minutes. The rooms were very clean and modern. The hotel was very quiet and accommodating. The food was great. The staff were friendly. Try as I might, I couldn't find anything to complain about!!! I will definitely stay at the Chateau Noval Hotel again and recommend it to my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LAD S
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton. I love to read all of our guest comments, good or bad (although good makes me a happier). I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon. Chris Short. GM.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I travel to Edmonton almost once a month and stayed there for about one year now. I find the hotel to be perfect for all my needs while there. The rooms are extremely clean, staff is very polite and welcoming. I would reccommend it and will be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anduta170773
Thank you so much for your review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton. It is always great to receive that feedback from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau Nova in the near future. Have a great day, Chris Short. GM.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Firstly, the staff are great - no issue there. We were there in January and inside the hotel was 90 degrees! Even with the windows open the rooms would not cool down. Unfortunately, we were in the hotel for almost 3 days straight and we all could not wait to leave. It is obvious that the hotel is trying to save money as everything from the toilet paper to the candies in the restaurant are very inexpensive. The only small "treat" was the 2 cookies they leave in the room. To be fair, the rooms, while dated were clean as were the lobby, lounge, and restaurant.
We only stayed in "regular" one bed rooms, I have did not see the suites but judging from the other comments, they might be nicer.
If you are on business, beware that if you order the "coffee service" it is just that, - tea nor anything elegant is included. Just a few cups, a couple carafes of regular coffee and some creamers. If you are expecting a selection of sweeteners, teas, and whitener options or even a napkin or saucer, this is not the service!

Room Tip: The second floor is over the lounge and banquet rooms - if you would like a quiet room, you may want...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 2ourest
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Good Morning. I was so disappointed to see that you had troubles with your heating / cooling while you were here. I wish you had voiced your concerns during your stay and we could have adjusted the thermostat in your room (very often the desired temperature is set, but the unit has not been turned on) or even moved your room if necessary. I appreciate your comments regarding the coffee service and will pass them on to our banquet department. They are great suggestions to upgrade the service and we are always looking to improve. Thank you for staying with the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton and providing your valuable feedback. Chris Short, GM.
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at the Chateau Nova for a month over the course of the summer (2011) and enjoyed it very much. The staff are friendly and always attentive to the needs of there guests.
I found the rooms to be very clean and well appointed.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark G
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton. We are ideally set up for longer stays like your with our king and queen suites. I'm very lucky to have the fantastic staff that work with me here at the Nova. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and we'll hope to see you again! Have a great day, Chris Short. GM.
King City, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels all over the world. The experience I have had at the Edmonton Chateau Nova is among the very best ever.

The accomadations are first rate as is the lounge and restaurant.It has been important to me to have the laundry service since I stayed for 2- 3 weeks at a time.

The staff at this hotel, each and every person has been fantastic. I would stay there any time while visiting Edmonton. Thanks to all for many great visits to Edmonton. Gerard.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is quiet since I often was required to sleep during the daytime. The business cent...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Good Morning! Thank you so much for your review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites. It's always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stays. I like the tip to request the 4th floor if you are working nights. It's a great quiet floor during the days with no one walking around overhead. Hope to welcome you back to the Chateau Nova in the near future. Have a great day, Chris Short. GM.