“Nice and clean!”

Ranked #61 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Saskatoon, Canada
“Nice and clean!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed for two nights to go to a wedding on the North end of Edmonton. The hotel is right off the Yellowhead and close to downtown so it was very easy to get around the city. We stayed in the superior King in the new anex. Its a separate building at the end of the parking lot. Felt secure and safe. Parking lot was well lit. Everything was very clean. The mattress, sheets, pillows etc were like new. the mini kitchenette was great. Had plates, cups, a toaster and a coffee maker. Ate breakfast in the hotel, very good and cheap. We had an issue with our room in the middle of the night and the desk immediately changed our room, sent over security to investigate and paid for our breakfast in the AM. Service was great!

Room Tip: superior was well worth the extra moolah!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the Chateau Nova Inn & Suites Edmonton. It was great to see that you had such a fantastic stay. It sounds like the team took great care of you. I'm very lucky to work with such a great group of people. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chateau Nova on your next visit to Edmonton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a good clean hotel. It is close to a large mall (Kingsway Mall) - with a car, but not much else. It is midway to downtown. We found the free wifi very useful. The hotel does not have a pool - only a hot-tub that was under maintenance when we stayed there. In my experience there were a lot of people from the oil patch (Northern Alberta) staying there. I've stayed there twice under a corporate rate, but would stay somewhere with breakfast included again if I had to. All-in-all, reasonable and quiet. Families may want to opt for something with more amenities.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
NovaEdmGM, General Manager at Chateau Nova Kingsway, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive review of the Chateau Nova Hotel & Suites Edmonton. I appreciate any and all feedback we get from our guests. I'm sorry the hot tub wasn't back in order when you stayed. It has been an ongoing issue that I hope to get resolved quickly. We are also adding a steam room and replacing some of our older excercise equipment! We would love to have you back on your next visit to Edmonton, and I would be happy to buy you breakfast too. Call me directly to make any arrangements. Thanks. Chris.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and traveling across Canada on the train. We were traveling mainly on a budget but needed to be at a hotel close to the train station for an early morning start. We stayed at this hotel on Christmas night. It was twice what we were used to paying but we definitely stayed in luxury for the few hours we were there. This hotel would be good for a weary business traveler.

The rooms were big and had everthing you needed. The bed was fantastic. The service at the desk when we came in was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank REL_11
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Normally a nice place to stay but recently had a bad experience. I ended up having to work late and called ahead twice with changing arrival times. Finally got there at midnight, went to check in for our weekend getaway. Was told my wife's credit card was declined, so okay no problem try mine. Front desk person refused it saying you can only get room with creditcard that you booked the room with, he refused to call the manager. I was unimpressed! He then implied that I should show up looking presentable, I could not believe what I was hearing as I had worked in the oilfield all day and drove in without changing and admittedly I was bleary eyed from lack of sleep, then scoffed at my work explanation and made reference to my wife and my own heritage as native people as a more likely reason for my appearance. At that point I walked away and tried to find another hotel which took over a hour finally checking in at 1:30am!!!! Unimpressed to say the least! Called the hotel a couple of days later and was offered a complimentary stay next visit, not sure if I will use it. Had been a nice, clean, convenient place to stay in the past.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Oilfielddave
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as a getaway and because there was a concert in town. We looked at a lot of reviews for many Edmonton hotels and thankfully decided to choose this hotel.
We had a wonderful stay here and everyone was very helpful and nice. The restaurant is reasonably priced and the food is good. The beds and pillows are AMAZINGLY comfortable and the rooms are very nicely designed and the place looks and smells clean. Room service was fast and the food arrived hot and fresh.
We really enjoyed ourselves and I wish we could have stayed longer. I really cant express how nice our stay was, just warm feelings. The staff are really very nice and willing to help.
If I have any reason to come to Edmonton again I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank studanielle
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed here with my hockey team while in Edmonton for a tournament. The rooms are huge, probably the largest I've ever stayed in. Bathroom is also huge and very clean. There's 2 closets, a fridge, A/C, and free wi-fi. The beds are very comfortable and I didn't have any trouble sleeping.
The Pantry restaurant in the hotel is very reasonably priced, especially considering it's in a hotel and there aren't many other food options around. They have an amazing Sunday brunch for $14.
The only downside is that it's far away from downtown, but if you're doing other things in Edmonton then the location should suit your needs. Overall, I think this is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank HiroVancouver
Lethbridge, Alberta
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stayed one night at the hotel to attend the Oilers game. Impressed the moment we stepped in the door.

Clean, spacious hotel with the widest hallways I've ever seen in a hotel. Room was very large and clean with local photos in the room. Felt comfortable from the moment we went into the room.

Business centre has 2 computers with free printing. Nice size fridge to use in the room as well.

Only complaint is the showerhead gave a small stream not large enough for 2 people and the pressure was a little low.

Highly recommend this hotel for the price and convient location to Rexall centre and most everything around there.

Would stay at the Chateau Nova again in a heatbeat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple