“Good Place for Drink and Dinner”
Review of Homefire Grill

Homefire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Homefire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,593 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 184 St NW
Description: Contemporary Canadian Fire Roasted Cooking. Experience the aroma of cooking on flames and the warmth of a central fireplace. Be surrounded by rich colours and natural elements of rock, wood and metal; and take in highlights of petroglyphs and artwork from ancient times. This is the feel of the Homefire Grill concept. The Homefire Grill features an open kitchen concept with the best in rotisserie and fire-roasted oven equipment. The restaurant seats 120 people with plenty of booth seating and the lounge seats 60.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Average food and good selection from bar on drinks -- two local canadian beers on tap to choose from. Sits in parking lot of hotel area so easy place to get to if staying close by. Selection of steaks, burgers and appetizers.....has Buffalo burgers if you are seeking this type of fare.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ate at this restaurant because it was beside the hotel we were staying at. Food was excellent. Relaxed atmosphere. We ordered appetizers and entrees and all was good. Would eat here again next time we are in the area. They also have take out and delivery if you don't feel like leaving your room. We were seated in the lounge and the service was lacking a bit. But overall an excellent meal

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Advised them wanted chicken well done & am allergic to shellfish & peanuts. One of the pieces of chicken was under-cooked & I had a shellfish allergic reaction after eating there. I had to stay up all night as afraid to fall asleep & have throat close and had to take allergy medication every 2 hours for 2 days. I advised supervisor of restaurant that night that had an allergic reaction & left a message for the head manager to phone me back. He never did. After 2 weeks of head manager not contacting me, I contacted him by phone as wanted to ensure this did not happen to others. I was not happy with his response. He advised me because I didn't see a doctor or go to the hospital, he wasn't accepting responsibility. He advised me that if he had children with allergies, he would never allow them to eat out at restaurants. I said that when people advise him they have allergies, a manager or supervisor should oversee the entire preparation & cooking process as people's lives are at stake. He said "done" but when I asked him to put it in writing, he refused & seemed more concerned about the 5 people standing in line rather than continuing our conversation. Contacted organization that owns the restaurant & was told the CEO will call me back. It has been 5 days & did not receive a phone call back. We had previously eaten several times at Home Fire Grill, but will never eat there again.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were staying at the hotel next door and ordered a couple of meals from here for take-out. A great option if you're tired after a long day of travelling (or shopping at the WEM). We enjoyed the greek pizza, and the rotisserie chicken meal is solid too.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I ate here because it was next to my hotel, and was intrigued by the hook they use of their wood-fired grill. I ordered the ribs, which were fine, but were clearly over-baked and had zero wood-fired flavour to them.