“Tasty meal”
Review of Homefire Grill

Homefire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Homefire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Place LaRue
Cross street: 184 St NW
Description: Contemporary Canadian Fire Roasted Cooking. Experience the aroma of cooking on flames and the warmth of a central fireplace. Be surrounded by rich colours and natural elements of rock, wood and metal; and take in highlights of petroglyphs and artwork from ancient times. This is the feel of the Homefire Grill concept. The Homefire Grill features an open kitchen concept with the best in rotisserie and fire-roasted oven equipment. The restaurant seats 120 people with plenty of booth seating and the lounge seats 60.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was very good - I had their special which was Ribs, Chicken and all sorts of side dishes. The meat was cooked perfectly. My wife had a pasta dish which she enjoyed as well. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was good. The only complaint was some of the other patrons who were definitely not dressed to be there.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went here because it was close to the Hampton. I had looked at the menu on the Internet the previous evening and has chosen the deconstructed chicken cordon bleu. We arrived and were seated promptly and our orders were taken. 15 minutes later the waitress returns and says they are out of ham. No chicken cordon bleu for me. Took another fifteen to decide on a meal I didn't want. I had linguini and it was like any other linguini. Service was great but it was already too late for me. I went there with a meal in mind. Had I been informed of its unattainability before the rest of my party ordered I would have left. To be in a city the size of edmonton and be out of ham to make a major entre menu item is just poor attention to detail. I can see that up north where things just run out but there is no excuse here.

Daryl O, Manager at Homefire Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thanks for your comments around your experience at Homefire Grill recently. We strive to offer the best in service, food quality and attention to detail, and unfortunately we dropped the ball for you this last visit...I have spoken to the Chef and he and I would like to submit our apologies for not having this item in our inventory the night you visited. All efforts will be made to ensure availability of all ingredients henceforth. Thanks again for your message,
Daryl

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We tried the pizza, pasta, ribs,steak and chicken. The steak was above average with the other choices nearing average. The decor is great, but the staff could improve.

Daryl O, Manager at Homefire Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thanks for your comments and we appreciate your dining at Homefire Grill. We constantly strive to improve in all areas of food quality and service. I invite you to give us another chance as I am confident that we could win your approval.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Home Fire Grill is located in the parking lot, just outside the Wingate. The place is decorated in an aboriginal motif and is quite beautiful. They have a full-size bar and separate banquet room. There is an open kitchen with wood-burning pizza oven, and a glass fireplace as a focal point located in the center of the restaurant.

The service was EXCELLENT (Thanks Makala) as was the food. We had the bison burger, bison meatloaf sandwich, bison salisbury steak (yes, there is a theme going on here), and a beef hamburger with cheddar cheese. Each is served with 2 side choices. We had the mashed potatoes (DOUBLE YUM!) and veggies (They are very good, but pathetic. They only give you four pieces in the order.) The baked beans were flavorful, but undercooked.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this place and would suggest you check it out for yourself. You'll be happy you did!

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I dine at this restaurant often and have never been disappointed. Favorites are the bison burger, bison meatloaf, pork ribs and the stir fry. The service is always good and don't forget the daily specials. The menu is diverse with lots of options. The ginger cake is heaven on a plate.