Review Highlights
Frustrated

This was my third escape room but first at this location. I have always escaped and understood how... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2018
Pet37
Barrie, Canada
via mobile
Great place for team building.

Lots of fun with a great trap room and fun staff. Did some workplace team building here and have... read more

Reviewed July 12, 2018
canuk1199
Edmonton, Canada

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Edmonton
from $65.13
from $20.12
from $20.12
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Some friends and I did the "Underland" escape room tonight. It was put together very poorly and looked cheap. Some of the locks were cool but it was hard to look past the terribly made room. A lot of things made no logical sense whatsoever. It just wasn't exciting at all and I left in a shock of wtf just happened... Will not be going back or recommending this to anyone. Staff were friendly but that doesn't make up for everything else. Intrap needs to rethink a lot of things and put more money into their rooms.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank HimandMe3
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

I went a couple days ago to the Underland room. I was very excited at the idea of an Alice in Wonderland themed room, however the room itself did not really match the storyline of having fallen down a rabbit hole at all. The introduction to the room was a short video clip of someone talking that was poor quality and reinforced the unimmersive quality we were about to experience in the room. The quality of the room was poorly done. The painting on the walls was very blotchy and looked juvenile. Many of the boxes that needed to be unlocked had visible wires coming from them and had caution tape overtop to signify not to touch them. This really brought away from the experience. The room was made up of riddles and locks. There were a few cool locks with the chessboard, however this experience was taken away by the very visible wires and tape. The room overall looked like it was made of items from dollarama. It was a great concept but very poorly executed and I very likely won't be returning to InTrap in the future. However the staff were friendly and helpful, and allowed us the extra minute we needed to complete the room. I also enjoyed the Polaroid taken at the end this was a cool idea that was a nice momento. There were lockers in which you kept your own key which I appreciated as there was no concern over items being stolen. With so many other well done escape rooms in Edmonton I would not recommend InTrap as being a first choice. It was ok at best and $25 is a lot to spend for a poorly made room.

1  Thank liIIy-d
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Best part of the experience was the polaroid at the end by far. The staff was friendly and gave us an extra minute to finish the last puzzle and escape the room. They also lock up your stuff in a cubby and you get to keep the key. However, out of all the escape rooms in Edmonton, I'd recommend not spending your money here. Everything was cheap. The bathroom was run down (broken lock on stall door), the intro video was half-a*sed at best. The props were cheap and the room was tiny (we just had enough room for the three of us). All of the puzzles were riddles and some of them so confusing staff had to come in and explain the whole thing. One of the puzzles after we used up our hints made no sense to us- we only moved on after accidentally getting the right lock combo. We did the Underland room and it wasn't immersive at all. You could tell what you had to open and what would open what because wires were exposed (don't worry, there was caution tape on them so you didn't touch them!) The paint on the walls looked like it was done by a child. Only reason we felt okay about our 25$ spent was that we did escape the room.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Were greeted in a friendly and enthusiastic manner - big plus! We tried the jail cell room which was challenging and exciting. It was a little bit difficult, but when we called for hints, we were helped. Unfortunately, we did not escape the room in time, but I cannot wait to come back and try another room.

I also liked that the staff offers to take a polaroid picture of your group - it makes for a great memory.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I'm not sure if how long this place has been open, but it is very rough around the edges. My husband and I frequent escape rooms, and were very disappointed with the quality of these rooms. They have some ok puzzles, but the story lines are all very unclear. You are not sure what to do, and when. Many things were broken, or not up to what we expect. I don't understand how we pay the same price here as we do at other elite places like Smartypantz, EscapeCity, or Breakout entertainment and get an experience that is 100% better.

Date of experience: April 2017