“You Gotta Eat Here!!”

Una Pizza + Wine
Ranked #7 of 3,574 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: UNA Pizza + Wine is a neighbourhood restaurant serving Californian & Italian influenced cuisine, thin crust pizzas, wine and as much local product as we can get. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30am - 1am for lunch, dinner & late night dining and 7 days a week from 4pm - 11pm for delivery in the southwest of Calgary.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Gotta Eat Here!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My sister and I went here on our "You Gotta Eat Here" food tour and John was right, this place you have to eat here. All we had was the Mushroom pizza but it was so simple but amazing. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was welcoming and the food was even better (if possible). I can't wait to get back to Calgary to try another!!!

• Visited July 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Pizza heaven !”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We tried UNA last night - scrumptious pizza I've ever had. We started with stuffed dates - yummy. Then came the kale caesar salad - sooooo good although a bit salty. Our party of three decided to order one pizza each so we could taste different ones. All fantastic - personally I would go back for the 4-maggi.
Having said that about the food, I'd like to mention that you have to be very patient and not too hungry when you first arrive at the place - the wait is unbearably long if you're starving. Another downer is the high decibel level of human voice ! LOUD - did I say LOUD... loud, loud.
I also have qualms about paying for a water filtering system which has many advantages for the restaurant. Qwater is probably a great system but do patrons have to pay for it ? UNA could make it a marketing feature instead. My opinion only... which is not that of the other two people with me.
A special note: Amy was our server and she gave us fantastic service. I don't know whether she's the same Amy who disappointed "Calgarian" in February this year...

• Visited August 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
“A MUST PLACE TO EAT!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I heard about this place through word of mouth as i was travelling to Calgary from Regina. My girlfriend and I age 24 and 25, could not wait to go and eat here! We went on a tuesday afternoon, as we thought it wouldn't be busy as the supper time. Got a seat right away, on the little patio that they had. We were encouraged by friends and family to try the kale salad and the margarita pizza, so we did! And omg did it not disappoint us!! The kale salad was unbelievably good, and the vinaigrette dressing was just the icing on the cake! Next the pizza, words cannot describe how good it was. So fresh, so flavourful so perfect! By far the best margarita pizza I've ever had in my life!! Next, the location of una is awesome as you can go and walk down 17th ave and check out a lot of cool places or just enjoy walking around. My girlfriend and I could not stop talking about how much we wanted the pizza and could not wait to go back, and we will definitely be going back to una pizza every time we are in calgary!!! Unreal restaurant!!

2 Thank ChadEdwardAnthony
Victoria, Canada
“Recommend”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We went to Una Pizza and Wine a couple of weeks ago based upon TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Although the restaurant was busy, we left our phone number and around 40 minutes later our table was ready. We ordered a pizza each - Tiki ( The Hawaiian ), prosciutto,salami and the 4 maggi. We all agreed that the 4 maggi was our favorite. Wine prices always seem to shock me so we opted for the house red which as recall was Montalcino. It was reasonably priced and paired well with all of our pizzas. The restrooms were clean in spite of how busy the place was. The service was prompt and efficient although not outstanding. We would go return to Una PIzza.

Visited July 2014
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Crowded and Loud”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This restaurant seems very trendy but the food is just ok and even though the waitstaff are very friendly and efficient it takes forever to get food. The restaurant is also incredibly crowded and the music is so loud that it's hard to have a conversation.

Visited August 2014