“Don't understand the name”
Review of Toad N Turtle

Toad N Turtle
Ranked #295 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Description: The Toad 'n' Turtle first opened its doors on December 4, 2001. Ever since then we have been one of northeast Calgary's favorite places to party. We like to think of ourselves as an English pub with attitude. We also, however, take great pride in our culinary skills. We don't just serve up your typical pub food. We have a roof top meat smoker where we smoke all our own meats. Don't worry, we're not all about the smoked meats, even though we do love it, our menu has a large variety for almost any palate. The Toad's menu will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Reasonable food, disinterested staff, noisy bar area, sports on TV all around. Not really oursort of place.

1  Thank Keith M

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place is right across from Executive Royal Hotel where we stayed. It was a beautiful day so we ate outside and had a great lunch! The BBQ was very tender and good and the fries were crispy and home made. The pina colada was one of the best ones I have ever had!

The service was great and even during the day there were quite a few people present.

Easy parking-stairs to get to the upstairs veranda-not sure if there was an elevator.

1  Thank nurse4death
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food great service. The wing were great and the beer was taste cheers.keep up the good work I might even go back tomorrow

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed June 22, 2013

First my condolences to the folks in Calgary. I was there on business the day the government officials mandated the evacuation of over 100,000 residents due to the worst flooding in the province's history. But the Calgarians I met were certainly meeting the challenge with a great spirit. Speaking of Spirits; I met a local business associate at the Toad 'n' Turtle for a late lunch.

The Pub is only one of three in Alberta, so they haven't caved to that franchise feel yet. Their beer selection is incredible and the server is more than willing to help you make a selection to suit your tastes. Decor is definitely modernized English Pub, and while they have some classics on the menu, fish and chips, and Shepard pie; they also have eclectic fair like quesadillas and vegie burgers. Due to the wet and raw nature of the day, I opted for some split pea and ham soup with some chicken quesadillas. My beer selection was a dark and creamy Kilkenny. The soup was hearty and wonderfully salty with hunks of real ham swimming in there.

I wish I could have sampled more but my time in town wouldn't permit it. I would certainly recommend and intend to schedule another visit next time around.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Right across the street from the Executive Royal and serves fine German fare! What a treat! Their sauerkraut is better than my recipe...I might have to go back to the "cutting board".

1  Thank SchultzDuo