“Worst pizza in years!”
Review of Pulcinella

Pulcinella
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulcinella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #377 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Hillurst
Cross street: Kensington Road NW
Transit: Pulcinella is only a 10 minute walk from the Sunnyside C-train station, and there are many city buses which pass through this popular and lively area just outside of downtown Calgary.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Order couple of draft euro beers and you can tell they don't sell well!pizza was on our table in two minutes,cold,burned sagy.Will never go back will never recommended!!!

2  Thank Brett826

Reviewed January 31, 2014

bar none the best Pizza I have had in North America. At first I was a little put off by the negative reviews, until I read them. For someone who is used to Pizza Hut, Domino's and Little Caesars, this is not the place for you. This is authentic Napoletana style pizza, the hand stretched dough and toppings have actual flavour and do not taste like the cardboard box it is delivered in (unlike the aforementioned places).

The Parmesan tempura was awesome, but pretty filling. Almost couldn't finish my pizza!

I like the decor, plain simple and modern. Winelist is awesome, dig the Planeta Cerasuolo. I can't wait to come back and eat here again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm sure the pizza at this place is fantastic but for them to charge $25 for a pasta dish that was about a 2/10 at best is a bit rough. Service was great, the lady waiting our table was great. The ambiance of the restaurant was decent too just the food was terrible. I had a gnocchi and my friend had a pork pasta dish

1  Thank SunnyPerth2012
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The big brick ovens kinda cool to see and those pies cook quick, but I wasn't blown away after hearing all the hype about the place. Went out for an early dinner with my lovely bride and son. Ordered some wine, and coke for the boy. Calamari for an appetizer was really good crispy and light with nice tomato sauce. 3 heads 3 different pies ordered, margarita for the boy, ham , shrooms, basil for me and my bride had a spicy Italian salami, pretty tasty and a nice crust. Attentive quick service, after a short wait and discussion by the host and hostess where to seat us. Had reservations for 5:30 and it was still pretty quiet, seemed silly to be debating a table.... And I'm not sure I would want to be here when it's real busy was very noisy only half full.
Over all not a bad meal just didn't meet the hype.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was the second time that I visited Pulcinella. Ironically, in both cases it was just before a concert at the Jubilee. The first time the meal was fabulous. I had the mussels as the main course and they were wonderful. This time we ordered the calamari and a pizza. Both were soggy and lukewarm when they arrived. The calamari was covered with a tomato sauce which caused the batter to become soggy. The pizza did not have a lot of toppings. We ordered an Italian wine for $60 which was recommended by the server. It was good. Overall, the service was attentive. The restaurant is bustling with lots of noise. Clientele was varied from families with very small children to seniors. Parking in Kensington can be a challenge. Street parking is free after 6:00 pm, but usually that is all taken by that time. I'm giving them an Average rating because the first visit was very good.