“Great Sunday Brunch”

Bears Den Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bears Den Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #400 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bahamian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crowchild & Bearspaw Rd.
Description: Warm cherry wood walls, crackling fire, crystal, crisp linens, great steaks, fresh fish and wild game...Bears Den is a one of a kind restaurant in North West Calgary.
Calgary, Alberta
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have been to the Bears Den many times for dinner and have never been disappointed . We have always wanted to do the Sunday brunch but usually need reservations made well in advance. I decided this week to give a call on the off chance they would be quieter due to stampede and summer holidays and I was right. We has a 10:00 am reservation which is when they open. I think they only have 2 sittings the other at 12:30 pm. The food was fabulous with lots of choices for breakfast but also had prime rib, salmon, salads ect. Everything was hot and fresh and replenished as needed. Fresh coffee, tea and juices included. What is nice is that the severs come around serving you eggs Benedict, shrimp skewers, cinnamon buns, mini beef yorkshires, and a few more items. Service was great and you were not rushed to get moving so they can get set for next group. This is one of the best brunches we have been to in a long time. Highly recommend it. The quality of the food is more than worth the price.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank CindyCalgary_Alberta

Moose Factory, Canada
“B-side Bistro is the same as the Bearsden$$$ except you get to watch football”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Surprise!- menu online is not the menu in restaurant. Same heavy meals in this "Bistro" as in Bearsden. Nothing under 22 bucks for entrees- but you get to watch football on 4 huge tv's. Very confusing.

Either own up and convert the restaurant to all "Bearsden", or figure out what a bistro is and stick to it! Surprises are not good when you are planning a special night out.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kawoq55
Calgary
“Don't Let the Exterior Fool You”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I never expected a place who's closest landmark is "Bears Paw Gas" to look so elegant inside!
We were there for our anniversary and judging by the food we enjoyed, I think the whole menu is worth a try.
Our server was lovely. She suggested wine pairings for each course which were all so good, we were on the Willow Park website the next day sourcing them out.
This is one of those restaurants that makes you feel like you're at a Gentleman's Club (the good kind). The server treated us as though made we had the table for the night.
It's not cheap, but it's worth it for a special occasion.
Note: we saw it all done up for Christmas and its spectacular. Great for a company Christmas party.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank AlyssaSaturley
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Excellent service, delicious charcuterie!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I went to the Bears Den for a snack after a round of golf. We had been anticipating going to this place for a while because of all the great things we had heard. Well, it delivered.

Our server, Kim L I believe, was amazing! She was attentive, full of suggestions, friendly, and easy to converse with.

We were just in for a snack so we shared the charcuterie to start. It was great! I believe that they make all of their own meat as well. Normally I don't even like duck pate that much but I couldn't get enough of this stuff.

For the main, we shared the gnocchi. Wow, mushroom with a cream sauce (and truffle of course) that certainly delivered. The gnocchi was crisped on either side and cut into smaller portions which is exactly what I'd prefer. No one wants the big gobs of soggy gnocchi. Oh, and the kitchen split it in two for us because they knew we were sharing, thanks!

The dining room isn't that fun but it is what I expected and there is nothing wrong with that. A warm, darker, more comfortable feel with a fireplace or two and an outdoorsy feel - after all it is called Bears Den.

Given the brief but great experience I had, I would recommend this place in a second. I can't wait to get back and sample the rest of the menu!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kevin F
Alberta, Canada
“Delicious, Casual Fine Dining”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Mothers Day was our third visit and agian it was a great experience, albeit service can be off abit. When you order wine you expect proper presentation and tasting prior to it being poured but that wasn't the case here, but everybody can make amistake.

The food was excellent in presentaion, taste and cooked perfectly. We started with the Bears Den Delicay, a three tiered presentation of smoked sausages, meats and seafood served with in house made preserves. What a taste treat and there was more than enough to satisfy 3 diners. Our mains were Pan Roasted Salmon, Seared Ahi Tuna Steak and Alberta Rack of Lamb, all were cooked to perfection and rivaled any of the red meat offerings as favourites.
Dessert well you can't go wrong with any selection. Complimented by an extensive and varied wine and liquor list the Bears Den is a complete dining experience. A favourite for sure!!

• Visited May 2013