“would definently go back!”

Bears Den Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bears Den Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #399 of 3,551 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bahamian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crowchild & Bearspaw Rd.
Description: Warm cherry wood walls, crackling fire, crystal, crisp linens, great steaks, fresh fish and wild game...Bears Den is a one of a kind restaurant in North West Calgary.
Calgary, Canada
“would definently go back!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our first time (Feb 2011) my husband and I celebrated (just the two of us) our engagement dinner there. We were so happy with our experience that we chose to book our wedding reception for 15 in their back room (Aug 2011). Once again the food and service did not disapoint. Our guests all left happy. We had great service, good food and they took our wedding cake into the back after my husband and I took pictures and served it individually to our guests. We have nothing negative to say about it. So far they are 2 for 2 with us and we will definently be going back.

• Visited August 2012

Calgary, Canada
“Quite a disappointment, use to be such a great dining experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've always raved about the Bears Den as the best dining in Calgary but my experience last night has unfortunately left a bad taste in my mouth.
In the past Thurs-Sunday the Bears Den had a vocalist and pianist, unfortunatly this is no more. It is only Fri, Sat nights now. Such a shame.
When we walked in the restaurant, the maitre D greeted us but did not take my coat which I found odd, also he did not pull my chair out (i'm not a snob, but was use to this service at the bears den).
We ordered the cheese platter to start and it was placed in front of us but then the waitress scurried away before even describing what was before us. When she came around a while later we did ask but she only named the cheese, we were hoping to know were they local? where was the origin?
I started with the soup which was okay, it had a tiny soup film on the top, my boyfriend ordered the caesar salad which was previously 3 romaine hearts but this time around was a traditional small caesar and was not nearly as good as previous occasions. we both wanted fresh ground pepper but the waitress did not come back until we were finished.
we ordered the Chateaubriand as usual, and this was still good although we both noticed the portions for veggies was smaller than usual. 3 tiny wedges of potato, 2 baby carrots, 1/2 a beet, 1 cauliflower and 1 broccoli piece....for the cost, we could have eaten a little more.
We were disappointed that this time around there were no Amuse Bouche....this is something to look forward to on each visit -
Overall, we felt that on previous occasions we were treated a little more 'special' if you will and the service more attentive.
I don't think I will be recommending the Bears Den in the future. Such a shame as it use to be a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank mishymuffincakes
“Wedding reception”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Good food and great atmosphere and service. A bit pricey and far away from everything in the city but very classy.

1 Thank Cheryl M
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner and have never had worse service in our lives. It took 35 minutes to get our first drink and bread from the waitress and it only got worse from there. After an hour and 45 mins we waited for the appetizers I asked if they were on there way and the waitress said "why are you in a rush?" ummmm NO but we're starving! The hilarity ensued and we were able to final finish what felt like a prison sentence after only 3.5 hours! Manager apologized but our anniversary dinner was ruined by that point. Food was mediocre as well. I had the special which was a rib eye steak and it must have had a full centimeter of seasoning which I can only guess was there to hide the fact the beef was past it's prime. Never again!

• Visited June 2012
7 Thank YYCTraveler1979
Calgary
“bside restaurant is a diamond experience at a reasonable price”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Bears Den has an amazing Sunday brunch as well as casual food on the bside portion of the resturant. You get the beautiful ambiance of the Bears Den without having to always do the formal dining room. There is entertainment on the weekends and the formal dining room is great food but be prepared to pay comperalbe prices to many other upscale dining restuarants.

• Visited May 2012