“More upscale than the usual fare on the west side”
Review of LeVilla Restaurant

LeVilla Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
LeVilla Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #467 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: European, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Cross street: Sarcee Trail & 17Avenue SW
Transit: Sirocco Drive Park & Ride at rear. West LRT service coming soon!
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Although LeVilla has been around for some years, we had never visited it previously. It's located in a suburban shopping area and the outside gives no indication of the good food and atmosphere found inside. We sat in an outside enclosed patio area that was very pleasant. The food and service were excellent. we were able to obtain a table without a reservation.

There are newer reviews for LeVilla Restaurant

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great ambience, great that it is out of town and therefore free parking - food... nice but value for money? No. The steak was as good as (but not better than) what you would expect from The Keg, fish was a bit dry and well... I do better at home, Lobster Bisque however, was awesome!

1  Thank TaoMan49
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've dined here with family, friends, business associates and had our Christmas party here ( book early ). Either for lunch or diner, would recommend reservations, Open Table will get you points. Menu has everything covered so you won't be disappointed. Check their website for a look at their online menu. Solid wine list, good choices for "by the glass", appetizers and salads offer a good alternative to just doing the tapas thing if you not hungry. Steak is quality all way round. Nice place to dress up and go out for dinner.

1  Thank Challenger01
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We come to LeVilla as a couple and as a family frequently. We've taken friends visiting from out of town and have never been disappointed.

On this particular visit, we had a birthday in our family and had lunch.

The server was extremely attentive, service was fast and we were even able to request a sparkler with dessert to surprise our birthday girl. It was a perfect afternoon.

Our favorite server at this restaurant (who didn't serve us this time) is Jasmine. Never misses a beat and extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.

Enjoy!

1  Thank missusemtravels
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We cancelled our weekend trip out of town because of poor weather so decided to go for a really nice dinner on Saturday night. After much research, Calgary has a ton of restaurants, we decided on LeVilla.
I should have been forewarned when I called for a reservation and asked for 18:30 and was told that was not available but 18:15 was. OK, I can live with a 15 minute difference.
The drive to the restaurant took less time than anticipated, so we arrived at 18:00. The place was just about empty; I still cannot figure out why 18:30 would have been a problem.
Our server was very nice, friendly, out going, helpful; all the characteristics you want in a server.
For an appetizer, we had "melted" brie with raspberry jam for $16.00. They didn't call it jam on the menu but that's what it was. We make a similar dish at home with maple syrup only we actually melt the cheese. The brie was barely warm and hardly melted. The baguette that was served with it was delicious.
My wife ordered boneless bison short ribs for the main course and I ordered orange roughy. The bison was very tender and had a great taste (of course I had a sample). The orange roughy had a very nice taste and the salsa that was served with it was delicious.
The problem was that absolutely everything was room temperature. Neither meal was piping hot.
The place was not busy and our server was quite attentive so I am baffled why the meals that likely could have been excellent were marginal because they were served lukewarm.

Would I go back? Likely not. There is too much choice in Calgary so why return to someplace that disappointed me?

2  Thank skierCalgary