“Food - Delicious, Service - Impeccable, Overall - Wonderful”
Review of LeVilla Restaurant

LeVilla Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
LeVilla Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #495 of 3,599 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: European, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
Cross street: Sarcee Trail & 17Avenue SW
Transit: Sirocco Drive Park & Ride at rear. West LRT service coming soon!
Calgary, Canada
“Food - Delicious, Service - Impeccable, Overall - Wonderful”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We come to LeVilla as a couple and as a family frequently. We've taken friends visiting from out of town and have never been disappointed.

On this particular visit, we had a birthday in our family and had lunch.

The server was extremely attentive, service was fast and we were even able to request a sparkler with dessert to surprise our birthday girl. It was a perfect afternoon.

Our favorite server at this restaurant (who didn't serve us this time) is Jasmine. Never misses a beat and extremely attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.

Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank missusemtravels

“I was disappointed”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We cancelled our weekend trip out of town because of poor weather so decided to go for a really nice dinner on Saturday night. After much research, Calgary has a ton of restaurants, we decided on LeVilla.
I should have been forewarned when I called for a reservation and asked for 18:30 and was told that was not available but 18:15 was. OK, I can live with a 15 minute difference.
The drive to the restaurant took less time than anticipated, so we arrived at 18:00. The place was just about empty; I still cannot figure out why 18:30 would have been a problem.
Our server was very nice, friendly, out going, helpful; all the characteristics you want in a server.
For an appetizer, we had "melted" brie with raspberry jam for $16.00. They didn't call it jam on the menu but that's what it was. We make a similar dish at home with maple syrup only we actually melt the cheese. The brie was barely warm and hardly melted. The baguette that was served with it was delicious.
My wife ordered boneless bison short ribs for the main course and I ordered orange roughy. The bison was very tender and had a great taste (of course I had a sample). The orange roughy had a very nice taste and the salsa that was served with it was delicious.
The problem was that absolutely everything was room temperature. Neither meal was piping hot.
The place was not busy and our server was quite attentive so I am baffled why the meals that likely could have been excellent were marginal because they were served lukewarm.

Would I go back? Likely not. There is too much choice in Calgary so why return to someplace that disappointed me?

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank skierCalgary
Cloverdale, Canada
“Unassuming location but excellent food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We made a reservation for a Tuesday night but it wasn't really necessary unless you want a nice table on the patio (indoor) by the fire or a window seat. It wasn't too busy.

Our server was Kaitlyn - she was pleasant but only missed one queue - she delayed in taking our initial order by about 10 minutes... and I was hungry!! We all had the 3 course tasting menu (which is great because if you don't want the 4 courses you can choose which course you want to skip. We skipped dessert).

I started with the Asiago salad... yummy dressing - the greens were not over dressed at all! Then we had the Bison Meatball with a bit of fresh tomato sauce and linguine (just the right size portion) and finished with the beef medallions with mushrooms and a great sauce with turnips and some veg.

The services overall was good after ordering - she stayed on top of the drinks and didn't interrupt as we were talking - she waited! Kudos!!!

Compliments to the kitchen for a wonderful tasting menu with the right portions so you're full but not stuffed!

The main menu had lots of variety so I'd suggest checking out their website (although the tasting menu isn't up to date) and seeing if there's something for you. Don't let it being in a strip mall dissuade you at all. Support the local guy!

The bonus for me is it's right near an LRT station so coming from downtown took about 15 minutes.... I crossed the street and TADA! There it is!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CaitieBC
“Great date night!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Last time we went, we sat in the enclosed outside space, but this time we were inside. The wooden furniture and beams were lovely, and my high chair was very sturdy! It is a lovely place to sit for a meal.
I have some dietary restrictions, and they were happy to accommodate. I ended up getting a regular meal, the honey chipotle pork, and it was like eating cake! It was amazingly tender. The yam fries and green beans were a perfect complement. My husband had the prime rib and Yorkshire pudding, which was done to his specifications.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BabyOnTheMove
calgary
“Continuing Consistant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A dramatic confusion over our reservation being un-recorded
and missing led to a well re-organized and manufactured table
for five, with a complimentary beverage and apologies, re-boot
another charming and rewarding evening.
With the room being fully booked, We still received attentive
service and in efficient time.
A variety of soups and salads were had--all fresh and soup
greatfully served hot.
Nice selection of fish---a steak Diane that is delectable---
and chicken specials that never disappoint.
High-Lite??---Vegetable selections are always crisp and
well prepared.
An appropriate selection of wines, and by the glass, with
good prices.
Reserve a table by the fireplace, as We tried, but is always
very popular.
Book your reservations early.

• Visited February 2013