“Perfect”

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Everything was perfect from start to finish. No regrets. The service, the food, the ambiance, not too loud!

Visited January 2013

Calgary
“Fun Lunch”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took a dozen people from work for lunch and La Viena was the perfect spot. We were off by ourselves, service was fabulous, food was quite lovely. The owner and staff at La Viena make a special effort to make you feel comfortable and are totally unpretentious.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank PatmanCalgary
“Yum”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via Local Picks

Great little spot for when you want some very unique food for a reasonable price. I had a very strange dish, the Fusilli la vienna. It contains salmon, pears, red peppers and of course pasta, in a curry sauce- it was such an odd combination I had to try it! Actually I thought it might not be edible, but to my delight it was quite tasty, and not at all like east indian curry. Such a nice departure from regular fair, and for $13.99. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, there was a good mix of couples and families celebrating birthdays and such. I would recommend making reservations.

1 Thank 174jessicat
Canada
“Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I took my friend to La Vienna for dinner, we were both looking for good authentic Italian food. I had been here once before, 5 years ago, my friend more recently, and we both had good memories of it. But it seems to have lost the authenticity it once had.

Although the wait staff was very pleasant and attentive, the food was horrible. We both ordered penne, and the pasta served was definitely not penne. It was more of a macaroni. Not that the shape of the pasta alters the taste, but it wasn't penne. Mine was with sausage, and a tomato sauce. The sausage was good, the sauce was not. It was so insipid, it may as well have been tomato juice. Fresh tomatoes were in the pasta, they were the hard flavorless variety sold in a grocery store. There was asparagus in the pasta - Chefs remove the hard woody stem before cooking, not this chef, he threw them in the sauce, I had to remove it from my mouth, in front of my guest. And the whole dish was topped off with a handful of garnish parsley (not chopped flat leaf Italian parsley).

My friend had penne with cream sauce. Again, not penne. The sauce wasn't so horrible tasting, but she didn't enjoy it, and became rather ill when she returned home.

Very odd things on the menu, for an Italian restaurant, Curry pasta, and Black Bean Sauce in one of the dishes. I am Italian, I have been to Italy several times, trust me when I say, Italians do not eat Curry or Black Bean sauce in any of their authentic cooking.

I can say honestly, we will not be returning here.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Acuram
Cochrane, Canada
“Don't bother”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Thought we would try this place again after a few years, but were very disappointed. There are too many items on the menu for such a small restaurant; our pastas were rubbery, which makes me suspect they were just microwaved from frozen, service was friendly but hurried. A place like this has the potential to be a "neighborhood gem", but it has no sparkle.

1 Thank contessa10