“Give it a try!”
Review of Alloy

Alloy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant was new to me. It's situated in a location that you might easily drive past and not even notice it. I was invited there to a business lunch. The interior of the place is very nice and very modern with a nice relaxed ambience. Even being in a relatively hard place to find, it was quite busy during lunch time.
The meals are very nicely prepared and presented, although somewhat on the pricey side and the service was very good. We were not hurried at all. From what I was told, the dinner menu, which is more extensive, is excellent. Their menus can be checked out on their website.
I'll probably go again with family and friends and try the dinner selection.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

A bit pricey but I enjoyed the food, decor & service.

I dined alone on a biz trip but l will say that the seating is better suited to dining with company as the tables are large & the atmosphere is contemporary & fun.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is one of the nicest restaurants in Calgary. the atmosphere is outstanding, 'chic', and the food is absolutely delicious, accompanied by a very strong wine list.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at the Alloy restaurant, so this may not be completely accurate, but it gives some idea of the quality of the food and service.

We had the entire restaurant to ourselves, and spent the whole evening there, with reception, dinner, and then dance. All was handled very well by the Alloy staff. The service was excellent, with servers always there when needed, but out of sight when not needed. Bar staff were also very good. The food served was generally excellent. I do not know if the menu choices we had were regular menu items, but there was a good variety. I ordered the lamb, but questioned how it was cooked, until I was informed it wasn't lamb - veal had been substituted. Regardless, it was enjoyable, as we're the other items I had. Others in the party also said their meals were excellent.

I can't say how the regular restaurant choices are, but the Wedding Reception was very good. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently visited Alloy for our wedding anniversary, as it is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. They started us with prosecco on the house, as I had mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservation. An unexpected surprise, and it went well with the fresh bread, hummus, olives and calamari appetizer.

Our mains were the short ribs and shellfish, and both were quite good, as were the two sides. The service at Alloy is always great, just the right amount of attention without hovering. We had a glass of wine each with dinner. I have to say it was just OK - it was served too warm, at room temp. Wine by the glass is a problem at many restaurants, and Alloy is no exception.

We finished up by sharing the strawberry shortcake desert - this was a mistake, as the desert portion was so small, it was almost a joke. One strawberry. A tiny biscuit with strawberry jam. A tablespoon or two of strawberry sorbet. And a tiny frozen tough as leather egg white thingy - which did eventually melt in your mouth.

An appetizer, two mains, two glasses of wine, one desert, one cappuccino and tip came to $150. We will continue to go back, but I won't order wine by the glass again, and I won't order desert.