“Terrible food”
Review of Alloy

Alloy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food was awful and the server really didn't care. It was a set menu at a wine event and I will never go back or recommend to friends. The restaurant is beautiful inside but maybe just stick with going for drinks. Yuck.

2  Thank Shannon A

Reviewed March 23, 2013

For all the great reviews Alloy received, I was very disappointed with our dinner. My wife and I shared the crab cakes to start and I'm pretty sure you can find a similar product in the deep freeze section at your local grocery store. Way too much batter and the crab was tasteless. Same story with my entrée. I order the Pickerel and it had absolutely zero flavour. It came with red cabbage and couscous and was blander than a piece of bread with butter. This was my first time at Alloy and I'd rather eat some captain highliner fish sticks than return.

2  Thank dan h
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a wonderful meal and great service for a business lunch. The noise level was moderate to high and my colleague had difficulties hearing all of the conversation. I would come again for a business lunch, but would be very aware that it is a loud restaurant.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the strangest location for a restaurant, but I thought it was worth the effort to find it! We went in for lunch and was surprised at how busy it was considering the location. Our server was very attentive and professional. We wanted to take our time and didn't feel pressured at all.

We started with the Ahi Tuna Tartar and we loved it! My only criticism would be that they could use a few more of the chips to go along with it, but the flavor was amazing! I enjoyed the beet and goat cheese salad ... very scrumptious, though I've never before eaten goat cheese in this form ... it was like a foam. Different, but tasty. My companion had the Fish & Chips (with extra housemade ketchup!) and enjoyed it a great deal.

We couldn't pass on dessert - I had the blood orange &dragon fruit gazpacho and my companion had the flourless chocolate & pistachio cake. Neither of us was disappointed!

Looking forward to coming back to check out the dinner menu!

2  Thank McInMe
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went to Alloy last week after all my friends telling me to try it out. I'm a big foodie so I couldn't wait to try the food. I arrived at 11:30 am and it took till 11:53 to receive my beverage. Once I finally got my beverage I ordered 3 appetizers (crab cakes, tuna tar tar and prawns) tuna was amazing and other 2 were so so. For lunch I had the pork chop and my friend had the lasagna. Pork chop was cooked perfect and has great taste. The lasagna was repulsive, not sure if I got a bad portion or what but it was terrible. When sending back the meal they did comp a desert for us, which was nice. Didn't make up for the meal my friend didn't eat tho.

If someone where to say they were planning on going here for a meal, I would point them a different direction.

Service was about a 3 out of 10
Food was about a 5 out of 10

If I order 6 things off the menu and 1 was amazing, 1 was good, 3 were average at best and 1 was sent back and they still charged us for the food sent back... You know we won't be back.

1  Thank Tyler A