“Why would I go back?”
Review of Alloy

Alloy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 3,624 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went to Alloy last week after all my friends telling me to try it out. I'm a big foodie so I couldn't wait to try the food. I arrived at 11:30 am and it took till 11:53 to receive my beverage. Once I finally got my beverage I ordered 3 appetizers (crab cakes, tuna tar tar and prawns) tuna was amazing and other 2 were so so. For lunch I had the pork chop and my friend had the lasagna. Pork chop was cooked perfect and has great taste. The lasagna was repulsive, not sure if I got a bad portion or what but it was terrible. When sending back the meal they did comp a desert for us, which was nice. Didn't make up for the meal my friend didn't eat tho.

If someone where to say they were planning on going here for a meal, I would point them a different direction.

Service was about a 3 out of 10
Food was about a 5 out of 10

If I order 6 things off the menu and 1 was amazing, 1 was good, 3 were average at best and 1 was sent back and they still charged us for the food sent back... You know we won't be back.

1  Thank Tyler A
There are newer reviews for Alloy

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had only heard what a great restaurant this is, so almost passed it as we drove to dinner. The building does not appear to even be a restaurant and the location nothing fancy. But the packed parking lot gave us an inkling.
Very unique decor, cozy white circle booths, with a clean crisp 60's feel softened by cherry blossoms thoughout. It was a bit noisy with all the hardscape surfaces.
Our waiter person seemed a bit abrupt at first but his reccomendations were excellant. Loved the tuna Tartar, very unique, as well as the scallops and blue cheese salad. We both had the special fish of the day.... just wonderful. A foodies delight without being over the top.
Next time I will save room for desert, the offerings looked devine. My Fav so far in Calgary!
Not for children, although I did see two very well behaved children there.

2  Thank smileyeye
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to Alloy for an after work meal. The food was ok, nothing spectacular but not bad. We heard that the lunch menu is amazing, will come back and try that. Their selection of wine and beer is one of the best I have seen.

2  Thank Totheroad
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The lunch menu was very good and presented well. The decor was funky - very modern 60's flavor (I felt like I was in a scene from Madmen). I would recommend reservations.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Anytime I am not going out downtown but looking for a nice place to eat I choose Alloy. The food is fantastic, service is always excellent and parking is never a problem. The decor is very tasteful and the almost industrial interior design (ex-industrial building) is somehow appealing. The menu changes everytime so I can't say what to have but rest assured it will be excellent.