“Funky”
Review of Alloy

Alloy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The lunch menu was very good and presented well. The decor was funky - very modern 60's flavor (I felt like I was in a scene from Madmen). I would recommend reservations.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Anytime I am not going out downtown but looking for a nice place to eat I choose Alloy. The food is fantastic, service is always excellent and parking is never a problem. The decor is very tasteful and the almost industrial interior design (ex-industrial building) is somehow appealing. The menu changes everytime so I can't say what to have but rest assured it will be excellent.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Three of us stopped into Alloy during the week for lunch. The restaurant is visually appealing but you could tell this is the type of establishment where 'ladies who lunch' frequent. This spot was very busy with the business crowd but we were able to get in straight away. The three of us shared tuna tartar and crab cakes; all very good and well portioned. For mains we ordered the alloy burger, fish and chips, and tacos. Again, all very good. The fish they use for fish and chips was red snapper and didn’t seem entirely crusted. I though it a bite pricey for lunch but the service was quick and attentive. I would like to experience a dinner here one evening for comparison.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff here are excellent. Our server was friendly, and had not attitude! The food delicious, and fresh! Its not inexpensive, and the four of us with two bottles of wine ended up with 400$ bill. We had the surf and turf, which was delicious, although a little skimpy on the lobster. Appetizers were delicious. Scallops amazing! And so was the dulce dessert! The atmosphere is contemporary, and has a great ambiance. Its an out of the way spot, that has become very successful. Worth a visit if you are not from Calgary!

1  Thank manium
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been to Alloy many times and have always had a great meal. The menu changes seasonally which is nice. The atmosphere is nice - great for an intimate date or a group of friends. The wine list is extensive. The beef short ribs are always a hit!