“Excellent”
Review of Alloy

Alloy
Reserve with OpenTable
Alloy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Alyth - Bonnybrook - Manchester
Cross street: 42 Ave. and Macleod Trail
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Worth searching out the weird location. It is beautiful inside, the service was excellent, and the food was perfect. We were there for lunch, and I had the special (sole). Simply cooked, but everything was cooked absolutely perfectly. The food actually arrived at the right temperature (a rarity in Calgary). My friends had the ahi tuna sandwich, which looked very good.
Prices are not cheap (but this is Calgary) -- I would save this for a special night out. Still, the value is good compared to what you get at similarly priced restaurants.

2 Thank rockiesgirl076

Toronto
“Very Special”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Alloy was perfect for our business dinner. Although we almost sat outside, which would have been nice, it would not compare with the the esthetically attractive interior.

Now to the food. Every guest loved what they had, which is a great start. The mustard encrusted lamb chops were really delicious, although I might have wanted 3 vs the 2 I was given (it was that good). Our guests had the stuffed red pepper, which looked terrific, and the fish special. Photos of all to follow.

Highly recommend this restaurant Nd I will definitely be back! The service was also wonderful.

Enjoy!

2 Thank michaelbeetoronto
Edmonton, Canada
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was in Calgary visiting friends and wanted to take them to a nice restaurant, but they've lived in the city for 30 years and it seemed they'd been everywhere. Found Alloy as a top ten recommendation and Avenue Magazine, but my friends had never heard of it, so we checked it out. Wow, what a find! It's in a former city library building nestled away in an inauspicious neighbourhood off of downtown, but once inside you realize you're somewhere very special. The decore is stunning and we sat on the lovely, spacious patio -- no overhearing the next table's conversation here! One friend and I had the steelhead trout, and it was magnificent; beautiful sear, moist and flavourful; her husband had the beef short ribs, which seemed to give him that glazed look of being in his happy place. The menu is fusion/eclectic and offers starts such as truffle gnocchi and wild board prosciutto and lemon, and range from $8 to $18. The mains cover the gamut from duck to lobster to lamb -- there is also a single vegetarian entree -- and range from $21 to $36, which I thought very reasonable for the quality of the food. Impressive wine selection. I think they had a desert menu, but we weren't having any so didn't check it out. Mature wait staff were warm, helpful and unobtrusive. I want to go back next time I'm in Calgary because I want to try a couple of other things on the menu!

2 Thank mumpy
Calgary
“One of the Top Restaurants in Calgary”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Although not as easy to get to for business lunches as the downtown choices, it is worth the short drive up Macleod Trail to enjoy their fare. Great meals and friendly, knowledable staff. Don't be put off by the area or the exterior, inside this is one of the top dining experiences in Calgary. Some very creative dishes to choose from Bravo!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ace65
Calgary
“Loved the Trout!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had the trout and it was very good. I am particular about trout. My husband had the steak and it was good. Salad was fine. My friends had the tuna tartare and it was good. Cod was good. I liked my drink, melon. Dessert was good. I preferred the strawberry marscapone to the creme brulee. Great for dining with friends.

1 Thank diningprincess