“Best server in calgary!”
Review of Design District Urban Tavern - CLOSED

Design District Urban Tavern
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beltline
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have gone to district a few times with friends, my girlfriend and work colleagues. It seems like any of those groups fit perfectly at district. Admittedly the kitchen has ebbed & flowed in quality, but from what I understand they now have a new chef at the helm and he is turning out greatness.
I went in last Friday with my girlfriend for date night dinner. The food was spot on. We started with the beef short and mussels. Both so amazing melt in your mouth goodness. I moved on to the gnocchi arrabata & my gf had the pork ear salad. Both meals were perfect! Excellent additions by the new chef!
Highlight of the night was our server. It seems like people have negative experiences with service at district, but ours was incredible. Her name was Chelsea and she just might be the best server in Calgary! She's friendly, attentive, knowledgeable & genuinely likes her job. If you go to district I hope you get her as a server! Definitely worth requesting her for a reservation.
Highlights:
-server
-pasta
- beer! Hairy eyeball & black pilsner are the favs
-gelato- red velvet gelato... Need I say more?

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Atmosphere: noisy even the place is nearly empty. Food: fries, crab cakes and beef ribs were exagerately greasy. Service: slow, rude, inefficient. Value: very expensive. Beer: chilled.

1  Thank longtravel09
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As far as pubs go, I generally go to District more than anywhere else. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly and all the staff are really great. The happy hour is definitely worth it and is a nice break from the drink gouging that goes on in nearby downtown. Their beer is delicious and the food isn't bad either (the jalapeno-infused vodka that comes with the oysters is a hands-down winner).

It's tough to put your finger on what sets District apart from other watering holes but for some reason it seems to stand out. It's just an overall really good place to hang out and have some beers or cocktails with friends.

1  Thank TDF_Abroad
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good menu, good people, and always dependable. I particularly enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich and the charcuterie menu.

1  Thank Reviewer599
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered multiple poutines which no one loved but didnt hate, the main even was definately there meat and cheese platters. We went through 4 setups, waitress was quick with bar drink refills. Was busy all night long, truly a good time.

1  Thank wick1979