“Yum !”

Hot Million Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot Million Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #585 of 4,020 Restaurants in Calgary
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Read great reviews which lead me to book for 5.
Nothing bad or negative to say.
Good accessible location, lots of parking,
Not fancy but good enough to be inviting.
Big booths comfortable for 6 but you could squeeze in 8 if no tubbies.
Pleasant waitress constantly returning to ensure we were all happy.
Not too busy on a Tuesday evening. Ideal for getting the right amount of service.
Won’t go in to great detail, but ordered about half a dozen line items incl. yummy fresh pappadam, a platter for openers, lamb and goat curry’s.
I only wish I could eat more cuz everything was great. Everybody in our group agreed.
Would recommend !

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Varmintz
vishal v, Owner at Hot Million Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality and food. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

I went on 5th may at 9.25 pm to dine here. When I entered the server told me the kitchen is closing in 15 minutes and I can only do take out. In fact the open sign in restaurant was on and in google it says the restaurant closes at 10pm. We where there only for dinning and I told her to make it easy we will order all at once,to which she agreed after checking with her colleague. We ordered all food together and I asked her if it is possible to add plain rice later to which she said no.The chicken Manchurian which we ordered was super sour and the chicken tasted like its been fried after being kept in the freezer for long moist and hard. When we told the server about it she said thats how it was supposed to taste. I sarcastically told her maybe we dont have a normal taste to which she even agreed as well. So it was left untouched and we did not packed it I told her to give the chicken Manchurian to taste for kitchen. No surprises after all this I was charged for chicken Manchurian. Being nice I tipped her 15% since even I am from hospitality industry as well. I wont go back here ever and wont recommend it to anyone. The owners should be ashamed that the staff treats the customer so bad extremely poor very disappointing.

Date of visit: May 2018
vishal v, Owner at Hot Million Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Hello Mr. Ganesh. We are really sorry for the bitter experience on your very first visit here. But I can assure we do better than that. We sure will check with the staff and give them proper training for handling such incidents in the future if that happen again. The kitchen usually closes 15 mins prior to the closing time which is pretty standard even the big food chains. We apologize and encourage you to give us another try and we will make sure that we will change your views about us. Please email me at vishal@hotmillion.ca and we would like to resolve the issue. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Went for the lunch buffet with a friend. The dishes presented were freshly made and very tasty. The service was very good. The restaurant is clean and well maintained. I would eat here again.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank wbsAlberta

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed by Hot Million's service and cleanliness. Food was equally delicious! I absolutely loved their lamb ishtoo and qeema naan.

I will definitely be going back for more. Big salute to Loveleen for serving us!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Mohammed F

Thank you very much for your kind feedback Mohammed.We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality and food. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

I literally can't believe that on the side of Sunridge Mall I'd find what is arguably the best Indian food I've had in almost two decades, but that's exactly what I did enjoy at Hot Million. (And, no, I have no idea why that's the name, but with food like this they can call it anything they want!)

The Vegetable and Chicken Pakoras were outstanding but the Aloo Pakoras absolutely stole the show. Served piping hot, and drenched in the delectable Vegetable Raita, they literally made me weak in the knees.

The Shahi Paneer was silky and hearty, the Dal Makhni's lentils were perfectly cooked (which is difficult as they're usually under or overdone), and the Vegetable Jalfrezi featured literally the most delicious cauliflower I've ever eaten.

The two "overoutstanding" dishes are clearly the Butter Chicken and the Lamb Curry. There are no words to adequately describe the perfection of both of these dishes. The Lamb is literally melt in your mouth without a trace of "gaminess" and the Chicken is served in huge chunks that are moist and delicious all the way through. With ample amounts of butter-drenched fresh naan to sop up both of these scrumptious sauces, they were literally amazing, astounding, and totally unforgettable.

At the end of the incredible meal when I was so stuffed I could barely move, the final perfection was provided by the Gulab Jamun, which were literally airy pillows of perfect dough in a honey sauce which was miraculous in not being cloyingly sweet. Indeed the spice/taste level on the entire buffet is very balanced and reasonable given that they have to cater to a general Canadian population, so even that was perfect!

And let's not even mention the service which is of a Michelin Star level in a scrupulously clean and modern restaurant. This place is totally remarkable in every respect, including the very reasonable $14.95 lunch buffet price for this FANTASTIC FEAST!

Hot Million serves what is by far the best Indian food I've had since I ate my way across Pune many years ago.

DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!