“River Cafe, Prince's Island Park, Calgary Alberta”
Review of River Cafe

River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants - anywhere in the world that I have travelled. The location is a delight in any season (right in one of Calgary's beautiful parks, in a great downtown location) and the food focuses on local ingredients. The interior is beautifully decorated with western Canadian motifs. The food has NEVER disappointed - whether it was a simple salad and soup - to a full meal. I love taking visitors there - as well as a place for special life events. Although it was recently battered and bruised by Calgary's recent floods - it will open with the same class as it had before. I love this restaurant!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We sat inside and it was the restaurant was very loud with dishware, more akin of a canteen/pancake house than a classy (as price suggests) restaurant. Food was excellent (although they had run out of the dish we wanted), but it left me hungry afterwards. Staff was friendly though and we did have a good time.

1  Thank WantToSeeWholeWorld
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Spectacular setting in the heart of the city. Exceptional food and service. The atmosphere is casual, yet upscale at the same time. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant to celebrate my wife's first time on the West Coast in Canada.
It was highly recommended and the prices were as high as the recommendation.
Reservation is strongly recommended. Extremely enjoyable fine cuisine and presentation. Wow!
Service from hostess to waitress was excellent. We loved the choices of water offered.

1  Thank espa000
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant was chosen by my family as their choice for a 'thank you' dinner and I thought it an excellent choice. The menu had my mouth watering and the food lived up to expectations. Service was attentive. The interior design was a little funky and attractive. The setting was lovely, with pretty garden beds leading up to the restaurant. I recommend the River Cafe.

1  Thank TravellerFaye