“Excellent service, as usual!”
Review of Newbury Spa

Newbury Spa
Ranked #43 of 74 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbury Spa is a premium downtown Calgary Day Spa. Newbury Spa performs a full array of premium spa services: Dermalogica Custom Facials, Registered Massage Therapy; Both Therapeutic and Relaxation massage, Pedicures, Manicures, Detoxifying Body wraps, Hair Removal (waxing)The team of talented Registered Massage Therapists (RMT's) and Certified Aestheticians offer wonderful massage treatments and luxurious skin care in a tranquil environment, stimulating your senses and soothing your soul. The unique Newbury Spa approach, combined with skill and dedication to the craft, provides a truly one-of-a-kind experience, delivered by a dedicated team of professionals, making Newbury Spa a Calgary jewel.
Calgary, Canada
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Excellent service, as usual!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for a manicure and pedicure. My mom and I go each year for our birthdays. I have never been disappointed once in the last 4 years. Very friendly staff, clean facilities, relaxing atmosphere, refreshments are always in the waiting lounge where you go before your appointment. The technicians do a fabulous job. I love going here and cannot wait until my next chance!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alberta83

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love Newbury Spa – and I am a loyal client. I live in Vancouver and I travel often to Calgary for work and always drop in to Newbury to either enjoy a massage or pedicure – depending on the time of year. I’m in Calgary 4-5 times / year and the Manager says I spa there more than some of the locals. It’s just absolutely the best place in Calgary and I will continue to visit them in future years.
They have a non-pretentious feel in the spa. The Staff are always gracious and polite. The girls are so sweet!
The spa is nicely and simply decorated – calm color scheme – very warm, inviting, and relaxing.
The Management has always gone above and beyond with treating me with great service – they are all genuine and sincere. They have made me feel like I am a part of their community.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank bbovey
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Middle of the Road (and i'm a Dude BTW)”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife booked us a couples massage and pedicure for my Birthday. First impressions...not bad, but the huge pile of shoes under the main desk in the racks was a bit off-putting. After being shown the change rooms (the mens was a bit underwhelming for a spa) we were lead to the lounge. This place needs some work..Dirty furniture, walls with dirt and marks all over them. Water was lukewarm and there were at least some cookies there. Hung out for a bit in my robe which was designed for a smaller man (i'm 6'4 - 240)

Met the RMT's - Very nice girls, massage was fantastic. Zero complaints! - Steam room was nice but the faucet was broken beyond belief

Back to the dirty lounge before the pedicures - Met the esthetician...great girls again!! - She got the ole' belt sander out for my heels and really did a great job hacking down my man nails. BONUS POINTS - My wife commented that "all she needed was a drink to make this perfect" - One of the girls said "would you like one?" and she came back with to glasses of sparkling white wine. Very nice! - Wife pedicure looked great and was much nicer looking than those chemical infested nail brothels around the city she usually goes to.

All done...felt great. Mens change room had some nice skin/shave supplies (my wife said the women's was picked through) shower was budget for a spa.

All said and done....nice afternoon. The staff were fantastic...spa, needs reno (was probably nice when it opened) the services were great (once again...I am a dude)

Visited March 2013
Angela K, Spa Director & Owner at Newbury Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Scott,
Thank you for visiting Newbury Spa in March for your birthday – we enjoyed having you in the Spa. Our Spa Therapists – both Massage Therapists and Aestheticians spoke highly of you and your wife and had a great time pampering you both.

Thank you for your compliments about our Staff – they appreciated hearing the positive feedback. We have a great community of people working at Newbury Spa to ensure that you receive the friendliest service and the premium spa treatments.
I’m glad you enjoyed the amenities such as the complimentary shave supplies we offer in the men’s room. I’m in the locker rooms frequently these days ensuring we have all the right amenities for our clients.

We look forward to celebrating 8 years of business this November 2013. And in the past 7 years, we have shown some wear and tear in our spa – so I appreciate you highlighting them as well. Since reading your review, we have updated and changed some of the spa décor along with a few minor renovations. New seats have been added to the Lounge for your comfort. And the Spa is as clean as a whistle!

I have a special robe waiting for you Scott. My husband is a similar size so I’ll store yours with his until next time.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you in Newbury Spa again.
Kindest Regards,
Angela Kadin
403.836.6220
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Has potential but needs a facelift”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friends and I went to this spa for massages and body treatments. The location is perfect and the staff were professional. However, the spa itself needs a facelift. Some of the furniture has broken edges, the bathrobes are starting to wear, and the facilities (such as showheads) need repair. The whole place could use a good scrubbing. Walls had water marks (I hope it was water) and shower curtains were stained. Not what you want to see in a spa. For the prices they charge, I expected better. Probably will not be back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank EXPL53
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left me wishing that I had booked elsewhere”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Poor customer service and the treatments were just 'ok'. Keep searching ....
The massage was good but very basic and not a spa caliber massage. Staff were quick to dismiss.
It was an average experience and average is most definitely not what you look for when booking your next spa visit.
I would not revisit or recommend.

1 Thank Nanemme