“Amazing Spa, can't believe all the bad reviews.”
Review of Newbury Spa

Newbury Spa
Ranked #45 of 78 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Newbury Spa is a premium downtown Calgary Day Spa. Newbury Spa performs a full array of premium spa services: Dermalogica Custom Facials, Registered Massage Therapy; Both Therapeutic and Relaxation massage, Pedicures, Manicures, Detoxifying Body wraps, Hair Removal (waxing)The team of talented Registered Massage Therapists (RMT's) and Certified Aestheticians offer wonderful massage treatments and luxurious skin care in a tranquil environment, stimulating your senses and soothing your soul. The unique Newbury Spa approach, combined with skill and dedication to the craft, provides a truly one-of-a-kind experience, delivered by a dedicated team of professionals, making Newbury Spa a Calgary jewel.
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I have been going to Newbury spa since May 2011. We have been about 5 times now and have always had an amazing experience. The massage therapists are very professional and ask you prior to your massage if you have any concerns or areas that need to be worked on. This spa is a true beauty and I would recommend to any couple!

4  Thank pscollard
There are newer reviews for Newbury Spa

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I got a gift card from a client to go to Newbury Spa for a massage and a pedicure and was REALLY impressed. I just had a baby a few weeks ago and my massage therapist helped work through all the areas where I've been holding tension since. The spa was a great environment so I got to spend some time relaxing and having a little "mommy time" before, inbetween and after services. I'm also impressed with the pedicure - it's already survived my hectic life better than the pedis I get at the nail salon down the street.

5  Thank Tanya W
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went to Newbury Spa with my sister-in-law for a massage and pedicure. My massage therapist was great. I have some back problems, and she spent extra time with me at the end of my massage to show me some special stretches I could do to help realign my back. I felt pampered the whole time, and absolutely LOVED the chocolate biscotti they had in the sitting room. The pedicure was awesome, and I love showing off my beautiful toes. Thanks girls!!

4  Thank Calgarygirl20
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Newbury Spa 4 1/2 stars all the way from Toronto....

My husband and I decided to take a getaway trip to Calgary, and heard the advertisements for Newbury spa on the radio while in our cab on our way to our hotel, and decided to book a couples massage along with pedicures to top off our refreshing vacation. A very friendly female answered the phone and was pleasantly nice, and very accommodating to add, she was able to fit us into an appointment as per our request. My husband and I found the day spa very clean & pleasant, in my opinion very top notch in comparison to some spa’s here in Toronto. We were both offered bottled water, coffee or tea upon our arrival and were guided to the change rooms were we were both provided white robes and slippers. We had couples massage package done in the same room with two massages beds facing each other, and warming pads underneath the cozy blankets provided, and relaxing music playing in the background. The massage was so relaxing for us both we both fell asleep, after our massages we were guided to the pedicure chairs where we both had spa like pedicures unlike those Asian nail bars here in Toronto. Overall I would have to say Newbury Spa is no different in pricing than any other spa I’ve been too, you pay for quality and service, and some may think it’s expensive but it’s worth it. I would recommend this spa in a heartbeat to friends and family. In my opinion going to a spa is like going to an all-inclusive resort you’re always going to find someone who complains and finds things to complain about these sorts of people are just unhappy, and will never be satisfied in life… say la vie and enjoy..
Love life and make it what you will…..

4  Thank Mainstays
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My fiance and I went for a couples massage on our wedding day and found it very dissappointing. He was basically in a totally separate room from me but they had opened up a curtain so I could see him from across the room. We had 90 minute massages and I couldn't wait for it to be over a 10 year old could have done a better job. Thankfully my fiance's massage was better than mine.

3  Thank Adamson123