“Great moment”

Ranked #2,156 of 3,624 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I came here last summer, and it was a great discovery , a very pleasant moment.
The food is good and, and the service was not so bad.

And when the night came, We have a beautiful view on the city in front of us

1  Thank gberthoud
There are newer reviews for Julio's Barrio

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Second time coming here on a Sunday. I love the food here. The atmosphere is A plus as well and their Bulldog drink is second to none. So why is it I see one table with a family when I was at the door and there was a wait? This sort of thing happened last Sunday as well and I asked the hostess to seat me at the obviously cleared table which she did. This time, there were 2 couples ahead of us, one of which got frustrated and simply walked away. A few minutes later, I asked the hostess what the wait time was. 15 - 20 minutes. Really? I asked why. It was because they do not have enough servers as there obviously was seating. One couple left and now I'm leaving as well with my family

1  Thank PickleFarmer29
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been to Julio's twice - only because that's where my friends decided we were going. The food does not impress and the service is pretty bad. But the worst experience I had was when I unrolled my napkin to get my silverware out and found a blood stain on it. !!! ??? I called over the waiter and told him about it and he took the napkin away to get a clean one but didn't replace my silverware which had been inside the napkin. I actually had to ASK him for clean silverware. And he didn't even apologize for the bloody napkin! I was horrified. That's the last time I will ever set foot in Julio's.

1  Thank Kiwihugger
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here, and came out thinking that I probably won't come back again. The food was okay, nothing too special. I ordered the vegetarian chimichanga and when I cut into it, out came some dry looking smelly chicken, it was a real turn off. After showing the waitress, she apologized and took it away of course, saying they would get me a new one immediately, but it took over 10 minutes at least, so by the time I got it, the other person in my party had basically finished their meal. There was no mention of a discount or a comp on my meal, which I thought any good restaurant should offer immediately. The taste was ok, nothing wonderful. The basket of chips and salsa offered when seated is a nice touch. Very nice patio and view of downtown from windows seats.

1  Thank Salsajo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food at Julio's Barrio was not anything I would recommend. Our family went to celebrate my daughter's birthday and we were very disappointed. My 5 year old nephew put it best when he said "I can't eat this, it tastes weird; maybe they used a crazy ingredient?" The beef tacos were "weirdly" seasoned, the guacamole was bland at best and the nacho chips oily. I had the Azetca salad and after a few bites realized that even the salad was uneatable. The salsa was good but you can’t make a meal of salsa. My nephew was really excited to try deep fried ice cream and even that went uneaten. The original bulldog was on special and was the only item that we enjoyed.