“great fast food”

Ranked #376 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Reviewed April 8, 2013

excellent veggie burgers, onions rings are among the best in the city and the milkshakes are awesome.
friendly service!

1  Thank h0lidaydave

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We orginally wanted to try 5 Burger Guys across the parking lot but when we got there we discovered a long lineup and the fact they dont have a veggie burger. I have a beef allergy so cant eat beef.
So we decided to go to fat Burger as I knew they had a turkey burger as an alternative. Havent been there in a while so we thought we would give it a go. Well what a shock!!!! They not only have the turkey burger but they have a veggie burger and now offer CHICKEN and MINI Donuts

So my wife and kid had burgers whick were great. Note to parents with boys around 11, the kids meal is no longer enough.

Anyway back to the chicken, often you go into a fast food place and the chicken is small and dry and rubbery. If you are lucky only one of the three is true but in most cases all three.

So I look at the menu and you can get it many different ways, I choose cajum blackened. So the burger comes out with a gian took pick to hold it together and the first bite was heaven. Flavor like you cant believe and juicy and a huge breast. I was so impressed with taste and the size I just cant say enough. Add this to the awesome fries cooked to perfection.

Ok now to the donuts, they are expensive but very tasty and cooked to perfection. We ordered teh red velvet by mistake but they were great. Give them a try. They also have the cinn/sugar mix for a buck less. Red velvet were 5.99 for 6 and 2.99 of three i think.

The staff was full of smiles and looked happy to be there. Place was kept clean and the food is delivered to your table.

I would get a table first before you stand in line as the place can be pretty busy at times. Placed was packed when we arrived and almost empty when we were done.

2  Thank Gibber1968
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Took my 2 kids and my sister here after a long day shopping.
Burgers were excellent - not premade. Tender, juicy and with real condiments. Onion rings were lightly battered and NOT greasy. Yum. Kids loved the fries and the service was friendly. Will become a favourite with us over the holidays!

2  Thank Stressmagnet
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Pretty nice restaurant...they go for a '50s diner feel. You order your food at the front and it brought to your table. Free soft drink refills. Food is good with lots of variety of burgers. Can be crowded...a little more expensive than a chain burger stand, but worth it.

1  Thank Whitehatguy
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I had the original burger with cheese and the works while my buddy had the Hawaiian cheeseburger. First bite impression for me was 'not bad' but at the same time the first thought that came to my mind is that I could make a better one on my BBQ. Even my buddy said that his was burger was 'okay'. Maybe my expectations were too high because of all the hype I had heard, I would eat there again but I wouldn't go there specifically.

1  Thank MonetsGPa