“By far my favorite Indian Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Surya Restaurant
Ranked #1,610 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Beltline
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far my favorite Indian Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this place and don't bother trying to go anywhere else for Indian food. The buffet is really good and what I usually go for since it's such good value (especially with the amount I usually eat : ) , but the food from the menu is AWESOME.

Palak Paneer and coconut rice plus anything else...you'll be in a delicious bliss !

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank waywasp

Alberta, Canada
“Clean, friendly with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was a great little find (thanks to TripAdvisor!).
The staff were welcoming and the service was good. It seemed that a lot of local regulars came in to eat or pickup which is always a good sign.
We had the buffet and it was excellent; the food is authentic, hot, and very very tasty. If you are in the area then definitely try this place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TreckingLee
Fredericton, Canada
“Amazing Indian food in a top notch atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I ate here during December 2013 with a group. I had been promised one of the best Indian meals of my life by my girlfriend and she was absolutely right. We ordered a mixture of dishes between six people and shared everything around. We had a mixture of vegetarians and meat eaters and everyone left feeling wonderfully satisfied. The service was top quality. I would eat here again, in a second, and so should you.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jason N
Calgary
“Great food, hostile attitude ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Went to the buffet on Wed night. Reasonable value for pretty good food. But, the service was oddly hostile. Simple requests for naan, bowls and soda, were met with short one word responses. I wasn't looking for a big hug, but I did expect to be treated with courtesy. Table of 8. Small tip. Won't be back.

2 Thank RoGiVeg
Calgary, Canada
“Evening Buffet - Great Indian Food at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I highly recommend the evening buffet (Monday and Wednesday), which provides a choice of about 20 dishes, including favorites such as butter chicken for a reasonable $16 a person. I and my companions tried most of the dishes the evening we were there and found them to all be very tasty.

The service was good and the restaurant is comfortable and clean. No free wifi though.
Parking is available on the streets around the restaurant or at nearby parking lots.

• Visited December 2013