“Very Disappointing”

Moxie's
Ranked #312 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went there a few nights ago as a party of 4 and chose to sit in the lounge upstairs. We sat ourselves letting staff new we were there, however that didn't seem to matter. We waited 25 mins for someone to take our drink order and after they eventually came took it we were another 15-20 mins to receive them. It does not take that long to make 4 drinks and what's even worse was the only other people there was a Christmas dinner of 12. We then ordered food as we were were extremely hungry at this point. Food came out somewhat fast but it was warm at best. One person from our table ordered a steak, when he looked at his plate he saw it was sliced wide open. If you can't cook a steak without gutting it to see if it's done you should not be working there. After dinner we ordered more drinks, we had 3 separate people come over and take the same drink order we gave the others saying they weren't sure if the order was put through. At this point we finished our drinks and left. Never will return to this place!

• Visited November 2013

Whitehorse, Canada
“underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I liked that the restaurant was very close to where I was staying. Saw a spiel about Moxie's on TV so I tried it out but found the food was underwhelming. Fooled by a TV show but not my taste. Will not eat there again.

Visited October 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff but mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Menu seemed ok, but the food although well-presented didn't tast as good as it looked. Expensive by British standards.

Visited September 2013
Essex, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good selection of food. Quick service. Slightly noisy but good atmosphere.Attached to the Sandman Hotel which is convenient.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Where to begin? Drinks took 20 minutes. We ordered an appetizer that never came. Ordered a Med Rare steak, it came out blue rare and sides were cold. First time ever that I had to send my food back. New steak came after 30 more minutes. Steak was warm this time but still well under done (ate it and tasted ok). Our bill came after our dirty plates sat in front of us for 20+ minutes. (My wife was done dinner before I got my food.) An extra meal was on our bill. Server finally got it removed. Came back and we paid without ever seeing the final bill. We asked for the final bill, never got it. Ended up leaving because we no longer could take the wait. OH! and I never got cutlery until my food arrived and I had to ask for it. Lady a table over had the same issue. She started eating her salmon with her fingers. Our server was clearly overwhelmed and there was zero support from other staff. All in all the worst experience I have ever had dining out with my wife.

• Visited September 2013