“underwhelmed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Moxie's
Ranked #645 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Whitehorse, Canada
“underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I liked that the restaurant was very close to where I was staying. Saw a spiel about Moxie's on TV so I tried it out but found the food was underwhelming. Fooled by a TV show but not my taste. Will not eat there again.

Visited October 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff but mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Menu seemed ok, but the food although well-presented didn't tast as good as it looked. Expensive by British standards.

Visited September 2013
Essex, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good selection of food. Quick service. Slightly noisy but good atmosphere.Attached to the Sandman Hotel which is convenient.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Where to begin? Drinks took 20 minutes. We ordered an appetizer that never came. Ordered a Med Rare steak, it came out blue rare and sides were cold. First time ever that I had to send my food back. New steak came after 30 more minutes. Steak was warm this time but still well under done (ate it and tasted ok). Our bill came after our dirty plates sat in front of us for 20+ minutes. (My wife was done dinner before I got my food.) An extra meal was on our bill. Server finally got it removed. Came back and we paid without ever seeing the final bill. We asked for the final bill, never got it. Ended up leaving because we no longer could take the wait. OH! and I never got cutlery until my food arrived and I had to ask for it. Lady a table over had the same issue. She started eating her salmon with her fingers. Our server was clearly overwhelmed and there was zero support from other staff. All in all the worst experience I have ever had dining out with my wife.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darren T
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“The Chef is a hoot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Moxies is good fun, if you're in the mood for it.

Service excellent, bar staff engaging.

The food is good and the Chef, Rick is a hoot.

• Visited August 2013