“Great Food, Excellent View”
Review of Sky 360

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: modified name DB 4/5/10
calgary, alberta
“Great Food, Excellent View”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to Sky 360 for the Big Taste. It was on a Saturday for lunch and it was really quite busy. They offered both the Big Taste menu (their regular express lunch menu) and the regular menu. We chose the Big Taste menu - it is limited but you get an appetizer, main and free dessert. I had the salad to start which was good, but average. For my main I had the burger with fries, which was delicious. I loved the aged cheddar and pickled onion. For dessert, I had the pistachio torte, a yummy combination of red velvet cake, cream cheese mouse and pistachio brittle. It was light and a perfect end to my meal. As you are eating, the restaurant is revolving giving you a beautiful view of Calgary. I believe it rotates at 2 different speeds, but you can expect to do a couple of rotations during your meal (if you don't speed eat).

With your reservation, you don't have to pay to ascend the Calgary Tower, so after you eat, head to the observation deck and take another look at the city. There is also a glass floor for the brave.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was for a special occation, the food was wonderfull good service, and the view is fantastish.
It is a bite price but for a special night it is well worth it. We had a lovely table for 6, it takes about a hour to turn 360 degree.

• Visited May 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Stunning View - Lovely Menu Options”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Sky360 is Calgary's revolving restaurant, located in the Calgary Tower. With the purchase of an entree you get free access to the observation deck as well. The view is fantastic and the ambiance in the dining room is lovely. I have no idea how the servers keep track of sections with the room rotating as it does. I really enjoyed the selection of entrées, from elk to bison to beef and wild boar for meats, as well as fish, fowl and some pasta dishes if red meat doesn't thrill you. I tried the Elk flank steak and it was lovely. The sides were not as plentiful as I would have liked but there was an ample portion of meat. The dessert, their take on Black Forest Cake, was delicious and the wine list had some unique and pleasantly surprising options, from Crémant D'Alsace Rosé to some Okanagan reds from Black Hills Estate and Burrowing Owl.
The service was the low point of the evening. It was rushed and completely dispassionate. Overall great food and ambiance, but the service would need to drastically improve for me to return on a regular basis.

• Visited January 2014
Calgary
“Loved It!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having lived in Calgary for 12 years I must say that it was about time I had a meal at the revolving restaurant. We had family visiting from Toronto this past Family Day Weekend and given that our 20th Wedding Anniversary fell on the Friday we thought what better way to celebrate. The service was impeccable, the meal wonderful and given the beautiful, bright, crisp February day the view was spectacular. I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful Anniversary Luncheon. This restaurant is not only for out of Towners, I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Over priced and food was not great. View you can get by doing the deck. Save your money and go to Ruth Chris

• Visited August 2013