“Breathtaking and Yummy”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: modified name DB 4/5/10
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a great time here! It was my mom's 60th birthday so it was also a special occasion. The service was great and the view was stunning. My dad and I had the trout. I don't eat much fish but this was so good. My husband had the mahi mahi and my mom had the special which was chicken but I can't remember how it was done. Sorry. Nonetheless the evening was incredible and very memorable.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had an awesome night here. I had the chicken and my boyfriend had the Mahi Mahi. They were both very, very good. Mine came with braised cabbage, which I had never tried, it was delicious! And the Mahi Mahi had some crunchy things (we have no idea what they were, it was dark and we totally forgot to ask the server) that tasted like...amazing, that's all I can describe it as. It was my birthday so after passing on dessert as we were too full, the server still brought us out some vanilla ice cream with a candle. Our server was awesome too! Overall a very good experience and a great night.

Oh, but don't order the caesar salad. It was unbelievably small, which gave us a good laugh. (We had it as an appetizer, not knowing it was more like a pre-appetizer).

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The service was prompt and frequent, the food was absolutely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Nice slow rotation for a beautiful back-lit Calgary and relaxing and enjoyable evening. Pricey, but soooo worth it! If you want a drink, HAVE a drink -- they DO charge for water (filtered).

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I remember whe the tower was called the Husky tower when I visited Calgary as a child. You could get Ceasar's salad prepared at your table. It was the epitomy of a fancy evening out and reserved for special occasions. It was also where some relavatives who have passed away worked as chefs and servers. They took pride in their work and were hard working individuals. They developed comraderie with their coworkers which extended outside of work and remained friends long after they left the tower.

The tower is a nice place to take quests from out of town. Go on a clear day to see the city from the revolving observation deck. Went there before with my neice and it was foggy so we could not see anything as we were dining at Sky 360. My daughter's boyfriend was visiting from Montreal when we dined Dec 2011. We also enjoyed the tower where you can stand or lay on the glass floor- not good if you are scared of heights as my husband is. Enjoyed the lunch in the bright sunlight at the top of the Calgary Tower. Sky 360 has a new contemporary menu. Free elevation to the top of the tower is provided when dining at Sky 360. Staff very accomodating and managed to fit in an extra chair for my daughter even though they were full.

For a $29 Travelzoo voucher we got 3 courses:

First course:
• Smoked chowder or mixed green salad

Second course:
• Alberta beef burger, penne arrabiata or fish and chips

Third course:
• One shared dessert such as assorted gelato, panna cotta or bread pudding (up to $12 each)

Also attended the Artsastray annual showcase at the Calgary Tower for the past two years which I enjoyed immensely. Good food, art, wine and door prizes. Nice to walk around and explore the art on the galley area under Sky 360 and meet interesting and talented people.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you're looking for a great Calgary fine dining restaurant, the view from Sky 360 is unbeatable. The food is good. Our party of six did an evening dinner on December 28th. The waiter was friendly and accommodating and our table was window side. Actually, it's hard to get a table that isn't right next to the window. All tables have a view. I had the fish and it was really, really good. One party member had the lamb and liked it. Two had the steak and found the portion really tiny. I had the chocolate cake for dessert. The presentation was beautiful but the cake was dry and I didn't finish it.

If it's really cold out when you go, make sure you have a sweater or jacket you take on and off. The restaurant revolves slowly as you eat and the heat is uneven. You'll be hot on one side and chilly on the other.