“Amazing view, sometimes amazing food”
Review of Sky 360

Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: modified name DB 4/5/10
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Being a native Calgarian, admittedly I don't come here all that much. This is the sort of place you take friends that are visiting and have never been to Calgary.

The restaurant has been very up-and-down over the years, changing names (and ownership?) several times over the years. Frankly, this place is all about the views. As advertized, the restaurant (very) slowly rotates around so you get to the the entire Calgary and downtown skyline -- simply amazing. The restaurant makes a full revolution perhaps every hour or so, so it's not normally anywhere near fast enough to make you dizzy or anything like that.

The food was a bit overpriced, but frankly that comes with the territory at a location like this. If you don't mind a fancy more expensive meal, the tower is worth considering.

1  Thank Scott R
There are newer reviews for Sky 360

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had booked a table for my daughter and her friends to celebrate her 17th birthday. I had heard that the food had improved at the calgary tower restaurant, so took a chance. I sincerely regret it. While the appetiser of calamari was delicious, our main entrees were lacklustre. The spaghettini and meatballs was compromised by an over-generous dousing of tomato sauce and the tagliatelle lacked seasoning. Perhaps it's a style-thing, but sky 360's take on fettucine carbonara left one of the diner's unable to eat more than one forkful. Fortunately, the manager took that dish off our bill. But the most regrettable event of the evening was the fact that the cooler was broken so my daughter and her friends, who were looking forward to gelato as their celebratory dessert, couldn't have any. All was not lost, though: we went to Dairy Queen for blizzards.

2  Thank evamy
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Brought our teen daughter to the Sky 360 restaurant for her birthday. From the moment we arrived it was one disappointment after another. We felt like we were bothering the staff at the entrance. Certainly not friendly. We were escorted to our table and shortly after met our waitress. She was colder than the snowy weather outside. I actually felt like one of us had done something wrong. She was borderline rude. Could it be that the 18% gratuity included in the price of a party of 6 or more makes the waitress not bother trying?
The food was not good. The pasta dish was so salty I couldn't finish it. The lamb dish was ok but just mediocre for the price! The tenderloin again, very mediocre. $42 per dish but you get a way better steak at the Keg. The Caesar salad was the worse I've ever had in a restaurant. They through a springtime mix with a bit of dressing and that was it. The dessert menus was boring. The cheesecake was a tiny medallion sized portion which had a thin biscuit for a bottom. The fork went through the cheesecake until it hit the crunchy biscuit. I didn't get the idea behind that. Overall a $390.00 dinner that made me want to cry that we spent that much on such a poor quality dinner and service. I suggest paying the fee to ride up the tower, enjoy the view, take a few pictures then take your hard earned money and go to the Keg or Milestones both just up the road.

1  Thank Boardingpass123
Reviewed October 20, 2012

There was a nice view, and the chicken fingers were nice, and so was the jello. We counted construction cranes, and all in all enjoyed. Somewhat expensive.

1  Thank Me M
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I picked a sunny beautiful day to go up the tower look over the city and then have lunch, in the revolving restaurant . It couldn't have been any better of an experience ! The meal was very high quality and reasonably priced! I was there 2hrs! The waiter was so kind and helpful!

1  Thank Cuttypatutty68