“Good well prepared food for a strip mall.”

Plaka Greek Taverna
Ranked #334 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Southwest Calgary
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
“Good well prepared food for a strip mall.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Limited menu for both starters and mains. However the calamari and humus were both good. Our main dishes, roast lamb and kabobs were very good, well spiced and not overcooked. Again the wine selection was limited as was the desert offering but they were good. For a small strip mall location it was better than I expected.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ingramcg

Calgary, Canada
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I visited this restaurant last night with my cousin who is vegetarian. We chose Greek food as it has a few more options for vegetarians as opposed to some other cuisines. The restaurant definitely appears to be family run and was a cozy smaller place. The service was quite good and the menu selections would appeal to anyone. We ordered pita with tzatski and hummus to start, I had the moussaka which was probably the best one I have ever had. My cousin ordered spanakopita and a grilled feta dish. All the food was very good and the portions were quite large we both ended up taking food home. I would definitely return to this place next time I have a craving for Greek food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank chrystal77
Calgary, Canada
“Always Great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food, service and music at this Taverna makes one feel like they are transported to a caring family establishment in Greece! The Spanikopita, Greek Salad and Seafood is unsurpassed in any other Calgary Greek Restaurant. We love to go as often as we can, and have always left full and happy! ~Thanks to Plaka from our family:-)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CalgaryBB1
MARIETTA
“Best Greek I've had since I was in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a small restaurant in a strip shopping center. I have eaten lunch here several times with colleagues from work and the food has been excellent. It has never been crowded when I have been there and the service ans been all I could ask for at lunch. I would not hesitate to return next time I am in Calgary.

• Visited March 2013
Rocky mountain house
“An excellent choice for authentic greek food in the deep south of YYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This small restaurant has very friendly staff, excellent food, and reasonable wine selection.
Something akin to an amuse buche was brought to the table upon our arrival, a nice touch.
The dishes were thoughtfully served, and tasty.
The baklava dessert went very nicely with ice cream.

While a small location, I can tell it is lovingly cared for. Well done, we shall eat there again.

• Visited March 2013