“Different, yet Delicious, Spin on the Average Steakhouse”
Review of Open Range

Open Range
Reserve with OpenTable
Open Range is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,643 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Cross street: 11th Avenue NE
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Walking into this place, the squeaky old wooden floors and the western themed decor give the restaurant a cozy, relaxed atmosphere. I was impressed by the variety of meats on their menu, especially with the number of bison options. Our waiter was friendly, taking the time to answer our questions and explain the differences between meats, cuts and textures. We all enjoyed our meals, which were richly flavored and cooked to perfection. It's a great place for friends, a romantic dinner, or just a casual night out from cooking yourself.

1  Thank cdnburlesque

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a couple times and every time it is awesome the service the food and the ambiance love this place and for sure will be back .We had the Bison app and i had the Lamb very good My wife always has the Elk Diane and loves it.Great night out

1  Thank Howard T
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a super dining place. You can dress to the nines or go in your jeans! The waiters are so friendly and very efficient. The food was excellent!! Taste and presentation were great.

1  Thank tmpugh
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First if you are vegetarian ... Move on. We probably frequent this place twice a week and I felt that I should share why - although reluctantly because it may get more busy! First it is is on Edmonton Trail so understand the outdoor decor is sparse, but once you get inside you'll be very surprised at the nicely done rustic "range" decor. There is a lounge side which we usually use but a full dining side for when others and tourists come to visit. (Call for reservation on that side!) anyways, there is quite the diverse standard menu and a daily special menu that always is amazing ... The main entree always includes some different game from the "range" - including the staples or buffalo, elk, duck, venison and prepared in a really special manner with the vegetables, etc. the prices are quite good and the service is impeccable ! Finally the wine choices are great and again there is a daily special list that changes all the time. We love everything about this place! Tip well!

1  Thank Grimsy
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I know, I should broaden my horizon, but why when this place is so perfect. We both had the New York strip, we shared the to die for scallop potatoes (huge serving). I can't get enough of this place, and I can't say enough about it, and I cant stop bringing out of towners here, I'm such a hero! ...Well Open Range is, but whatever. Great space, so Alberta. : )

1  Thank zostarks