“as western as it gets.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Open Range

Open Range
Reserve with OpenTable
Open Range is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Cross street: 11th Avenue NE
Calgary , Canada
“as western as it gets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Wife , born in raised in Alberta on a Farm no less , has a natural Taste for western Cuisine. So every once in a while we select a Restaurant that offers this type of Fare. We now have been to Open range several Times and have never been Dissapointed. Be it Steak , the Ribs or the Venecine Goulash , the Meals were always fantastic , tastefull and worth every Penny. The personal Interest of the Chef was always apperant. A Place to recommend for sure.

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate here with my cousin and his wife. The food was excellent and the price was definitely reasonable. The wine was complimentary due to a reservation problem and it did not disappoint. Would definitely recommend it!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank barbgoodkin
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great place for meat and fine dining!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

It is fairly expensive fine dining. A place for special occasions, they usually have a feature item and excellent cuts of beef. It's fairly small but we've always managed to get in without reservations. I think it would be a good place to take out of town visitors for great Alberta Beef and Game, they also have poultry if that's not your thing. I find the sides creative and interesting. Of course there is an extensive wine list too. Parking is limited though, the last time my brother-in-law got a ticket, watch those parking signs, even at night!!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank SoAl42
Calgary, Canada
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Phenomenal restaurant. My bf took me there on our first date...we just stumbled upon it after getting lost finding our first pick....so glad we found it!! We have made it our anniversary place since, always impressed when we go there.

The food is amazing!! I've had the chicken and duck - let me tell you I have never had better duck anywhere. They manage to take the fatty greasy feel away so the breast is just delicious and perfectly cooked with a yummy glaze. My bf has had the steak and the boar - that boar was a salty piece of heaven, I may have to order that next time! I really appreciate that they have conventional choices along with wild game choices, and they know how to prepare it all very well. Also, they source a lot of their food locally which I really respect.

The servers are well informed, professional, and attentive. The atmosphere reminds me of a hunters lodge, or something of the like, lots of gorgeous wood detail. Definitely rustic-luxury feel to me. I have not been disappointed yet! Counting the days to our 2 year anniversary when we will be back at Open Range again :)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Angela M
Baton Rouge, LA
“Good food, but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

All four of us enjoyed our meals there. The atmosphere was a little up scale, but yet not fancy or elegant. The service was very attentive. Parking was quite small & tight. We parked on the street. I think I might go back for some special occasion. I did think it was a bit pricey.

1 Thank BigJoBR