“Interesting menu, attentive staff”
Review of BIG Fish

BIG Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
BIG Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Cross street: 11th Avenue
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Went here late on a Wednesday, arrived around 8pm, the place was still pretty busy. We had an appetizer (shared a plate of deliciously spiced prawns, which I think was on the special menu that night), entree meal each (Seafood pot au feu for me; pan roasted Manitoba Walleye for my companion - both meals were delicious!), and a dessert (shared the Lemon Almond Semolina cake) and were out in 90 minutes. Our water glasses were never empty; the staff was very attentive (perhaps even more than my dinner companion would have liked at times when we were deep in conversation). This was my second time here, and when in the mood for fish or seafood, I'd definitely return again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

"Unfortunately" it seems that our secret is out. Big Fish is easily one of the best brunch places in Calgary. Skip the line-up at OEB or Diner Deluxe down the street and make a reservation at Big Fish. It is a pricey option in the evening but for brunch it is not significantly more expensive than the popular spots that pack you in but the food and ambience are definitely superior!
Our favourites are the soft shell crab burger and any of their eggs bennies but almost everything here is good (the only thing I've ever had and not liked was the clam chowder).
The staff are friendly, and the service good. It was quite loud in there this time which was a shame but great for them that business is booming!

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was ok but not ok for these prices. As a seafood place should they not have some crab, muscles and other seafoods?
Oysters were perhaps the smallest I've seen anywhere.

1  Thank hamid g
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Came here before for lunch and enjoyed it. I had the soft shell club (yummy!). Came back again and brought two more friends. We had the clam chowder and the fish tacos. Very delicious.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Met a friend here for supper and we both agreed the food and service were excellent! We shared 3 appetizers (peel and eat shrimp, mussels and fish tacos) all were very good but the mussels were some of the best I have ever had. We also really enjoyed the Halibut and appreciated that they split our plates prior to serving us, as they knew we were sharing.