“Excellent Food, but a Mite Pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BIG Fish

BIG Fish
Ranked #95 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Cross street: 11th Avenue
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Excellent Food, but a Mite Pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Four of us dined at BF recently. We had a reservation, were seated immediately upon arrival, and were promptly waited on. There is a reasonable selection of fish entrees to choose from. Drinks and an appetizer followed shortly, and the entrees came in a reasonable time. We all chose different meals - each was nicely presented, was a reasonable portion size, and all were very tasty. Costs were a bit high, but the quality was worth it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank prairiehawk

Delta, Canada
“2 for 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited Calgary twice in September. Returned to Big Fish and had the same good food and service. I like dependability when I am introducing business colleagues to a new (for them) place. Will return again my next trip!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Picker48
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Little Seafood Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went here with friends due to our love of Open Range (they are affiliated) and due to the fact we were presented with the option of Red Lobster. To me, Red Lobster is reheated, un-thoughtfully prepared seafood that is probably butchered by some poor inexperienced cooks. I wanted good seafood, so we gave Big Fish a shot.

Big Fish is a yummy little seafood spot. Not the best I've had, but far better than a lot I've had! I thought the food was prepared with care and that's what I look for when I'm spending my hard-earned money at restaurants. The service was great too, nod to our waitress. I don't know if I'd be back, but that's just because there are so many new places I'd like to try and nothing we tasted is anything I would find myself craving; but even so, it was a nice experience and we enjoyed our dinner. All-in-all I would give it 3.75 stars.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Angela M
Delta, Canada
“Fresh, unique tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I took a group to Big Fish, most of them very experienced travellers across Canada. Big Fish is located on Edmonton Trail in Calgary, and parking is a little problematic, but the restaurant has instructions on the door where to find alternate parking. We came in several different vehicles but were parked and at our table inside of 10 minutes.

The service was excellent, helpful and friendly. Food to the table was provided very quickly. Our group included several vegans and all our gluten concerns were addressed. Soups, salads and fish dishes were uniformly enjoyed. The deserts, including custom ice cream/sorbet flavors were incredible.

This was my second visit to the retaurant and was as good as I remembered it. I have travelled for 30 years and chain restaurant fare has long ago lost its appeal - Big Fish is a welcome find.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Picker48
Calgary
“Fish tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I love them, they are the best fish tacos I have had anywhere! It's quiet, small. The staff are top notch. They have a good wine list. All the meals I've had have been good. They do lunch and I see now brunch. They have a small parking lot in back. The only bad thing is the patio is on Edmonton trail, loud and busy. For get the parking lot and move the patio out back!

• Visited August 2012