“I like this place for lunch”
Review of The Cattle Baron

The Cattle Baron
Ranked #102 of 3,711 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southeast Calgary
Description: Nspired by Wellington's Fine Dining of Calgary, the CattleBaron Steakhouse and Bar was created and designed as a casual alternative for the upscale steak enthusiast. Soon recognized as Calgary's premiere casual steakhouse, the CattleBaron offers our guests the finest quality Alberta beef, carefully selected wines, and world famous western hospitality and service. Using the freshest ingredients and homemade recipes passed on for all to enjoy. From business clientele to families alike, our guests can enjoy lunch or dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is both affordable and relaxed.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The rib eye steak sandwich deal in the lounge can't be beat. For $20 bucks it is a great deal. Stop in and enjoy.

1  Thank Jodi S

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We are staying at the Sheraton Cavelier and were looking for an appy and drink so ventured right across the street. We were greeted and seated promptly in the lounge area. We ordered dry ribs and received warm bread and butter as well - all VERY good!

What stood out most was the customer service here. Our server was Danielle and she was most attentive and knowledgable....not to mention friendly, courteous and efficient!

We highly recommend that you stop in if you are in the area and try it out! A wonderful experience. Even the GM stopped by our table to say hello. Superb service!

This restaurant is clearly one that cares about their patrons and repeat business. If we are ever in the area again, we WILL be back :)

Thank you!
Charlotte & Marco

2  Thank islandcharly
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We visited the Cattle Baron (south Calgary) last night.We were seated quickly, and had menu's and drinks within 10 minutes, without reservations. We ordered two appetizers and French onion soup. The appy's and the soup were excellent. Four of us had steaks; I had the 10 oz. Top Sirloin with the stuffed baked potato, My wife had the 8 oz Top Sirloin with baked potato, and the others had the big Ribeye with garlic mashed potatoes.. The steaks were done perfectly - exactly as ordered, and the potatoes (and veggies) were great! Afterward we had the "Chocolate Utopia" cake, which the four of us shared. It was really good. The cost was very reasonable, the service was great, and the atmosphere most enjoyable. All in all, a wonderful dining experience. We will go back.

2  Thank FamilyLloyd
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We just spent over $117 at the Cattle Baron South. Two of our three meals were wrong, the one steak was almost raw and they were supposed to be medium. I must say when the GM came over and commented the the meat by the bone (cowboy rib steak) was usually red. Unfortunatly my son had not even had a bite near the bone yet. Good Excuse though. My wife's steak tenderloin was way to raw (sliced tenderloin). No bone to blame on that one. They just recooked the same steaks and brought them back. Would I recommend the Cattle Baron? No, You can spend less money elswere and get better meat. You can see from my other reviews this is the first negative review I have given so this is not just complaining. By the way they did give us a free piece of cake for the problems didnt discount a thing got the pleasure of paying full price! Wow good lesson learned.

2  Thank CalgaryOilguy
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were visiting from Victoria,BC staying at a hotel in Southend and I wanted a place that was known for there Alberta beef. Well we found this place in trip advisor and thought we would give it a try. It was a great place. It was a Friday night, very busy, easy to get to from our location, very modern decor, and our waiter James was very attentive to our needs. I had there Prime Rib which was absolutely amazing, it was done to perfection. The service was impeccable. We had a very enjoyable meal, and a reasonably price. I would highly recommend this restaurant, bar.