“Surprise - fantastic lunch!”

Redwater Rustic Grille - South
Reserve with OpenTable
Redwater Rustic Grille - South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 3,647 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Haysboro
Cross street: Heritage
Description: Redwater Macleod delivers a dining atmosphere that rivals any restaurant downtown, with the convenience of an ideal location just south of Heritage Drive on Macleod Trail. From the burnished cherry wood accents and cobblestone travertine tile to the large, glass wine cellar that showcases one of the city's most lauded collections, Redwater affords an ambiance of casual refinement. Our talented chefs and thoughtful servers share their passion and enthusiasm for regional, rustic cuisine and award-winning wine creating a feel good appeal that's unparalleled in the city.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very big fan of Redwater in Aspen Estates. Usually come for supper or brunch, but not a lunch regular. Came here on a whim for lunch, and had one of the best burgers I have ever had. Actually, both parties had a burger. I had the bison burger on a brioche bun and our table also had the beef burger. Did not expect to order burgers here - and glad we did. Burgers were cooked to perfection; juicy and delicious with the most perfect toppings. Pleasantly surprised at our very delicious lunch order!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a mediocre meal at Redwater. Filled in my comments on-line where I thought meal was not up to standard and didn't hear a thing back. I did however start getting their weekly newsletter in my inbox. For the prices you pay the quality was not there. Service however was excellant and wine was very nice.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Went back for a second time with a large group and was not disappointed. Great wine suggestions were made by the bartender and we all moved over to the dining room to order some appetizers. Had the crab cakes and the cream aioli with it was perfect. Had a beautifully cooked tenderloin with the jalapeño Mac and cheese which got the spot. If I would've had room for dessert I can only imagine it would have been great as well! Well done!

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Redwater Rustic Grill is far from rustic! In fact it's a modern, smart restaurant in which you can dress casually or in your best togs. The food is superb and well worth the few dollars per course more than you'd pay at a generic franchise restaurant. My only gripe (and to be fair, this applies generally to most places in Canada, the wine (and beer) prices are high. The cheapest on the wine list in Redwater was around $35 - and this for a pretty ordinary vino. It's a pet hate of mine because I believe the markup is excessive. Take note restaurant owners that I deduct the cost of the wine before I calculate a tip!!
(The tipping culture is another pet hate of mine! Just pay the staff a decent wage in the first place). Anyway, back to Redwater Rustic Grill. Was it expensive? Well yes but only because of the price of the wine. Was the food good? Absolutely gorgeous. Great ingredients, beautifully cooked and presented, plenty to eat. Would I go back? Too right I would, despite the wine! It's a great restaurant and just perfect for that 'special occasion' meal.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very good food and an atmosphere where we could hear each other. Three of us had fish which was all cooked medium and delicious. I had new potatoes and asparagus as the sides, both of which were treated with care to bring out their flavour. A choice of sorbets for dessert: I had "grapefruit" and someone else had "blueberry-basil" both of which were a light refreshing end to the meal.