“Really nice restaurant, good service, expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redwater Rustic Grille - South

Redwater Rustic Grille - South
Reserve with OpenTable
Redwater Rustic Grille - South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Haysboro
Cross street: Heritage
Description: Redwater Macleod delivers a dining atmosphere that rivals any restaurant downtown, with the convenience of an ideal location just south of Heritage Drive on Macleod Trail. From the burnished cherry wood accents and cobblestone travertine tile to the large, glass wine cellar that showcases one of the city's most lauded collections, Redwater affords an ambiance of casual refinement. Our talented chefs and thoughtful servers share their passion and enthusiasm for regional, rustic cuisine and award-winning wine creating a feel good appeal that's unparalleled in the city.
“Really nice restaurant, good service, expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a really really nice restaurant!! The inside is gorgeous! We went here with a large group for a wedding rehersal dinner. They had organized a special menu for us with a choice of appetizer, entree, and then a dessert. The waitresses were really nice and didnt mess up anyones orders which I was impressed. 6 of us arrived late as we had literally just got off the plane and we were rushed to order so they could get everything out on time, which is understandable. The food was very fancy, and delicious. I had some type of a tomatoe soup with corn that was homemade. It was super tastey! For my entree I got the chicken with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was also delicious the chicken was not dry at all. A lot of others got the steak and LOVED it, however I am not a fan of steak so I did not try it. There was also a vegetarian choice which I heard was good, and something with seafood. The desert was creme broule (however its spelled) and ofcourse that was delicious to!! Overall I would recommend this restaurant because it was delicious food, nice atmosphere, and good service. The only downfall was the price, 65$ per person (tip included) which equalled out to 130$ per couple... Thats the most I spent on food the entire week I was there and I feel like I could have went somewhere else and had a chicken dinner for probably 15-2-$ and been just as satisfied. I am in no way saying anything bad about this restaurant! If you want to spend that kind of money I would definetly recommend it !!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sunseeker3388

Lloydminster, AB
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place was great. Excellent service from beginning to end. Beautiful inside. Food was awsesome. Not overly filling. It is on the pricey side but I wouldn't say too pricey for the service and food.

Alberta
“Great spot for a group dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a group dinner here for about 12 people recently, using their private room. Space was large enough for us to stand and visit with pre-dinner cocktails, and then sit down for the meal.

Service was excellent, as was the food. A number of us went for the ahi tuna main, perfectly seared on the outside, raw on the interior.

Everyone went home happy, and we'll return here for our next group get-together.

1 Thank Western_Traveller
Middletown, New Jersey
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our last night in Calgary, our concierge at the Westin Hotel suggested we dine here; it was a wonderful recommendation. The 6 people in our party each enjoyed their meal; the service was excellent! Well worth the visit!

1 Thank MaryPat1026
“best tenderloin ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

being in calgary we wanted to eat meat. found this restaurant and it is the absolute best filet mignon with a new touch. duck salad was superb .waiter was attentive and the atmosphere at the restaurant was elegant but relaxed. great find

1 Thank line t