“Perfect.”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Inglewood
Cross street: 11 St SE
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Divine were the scents and smells as we walked in the door! The staff welcomed us immediately, and my first impressions were what warm and gracious hosts we have and I can't wait to eat!

Indeed, our server was so joyful and pleasant. His rapport and timing were perfect. I would wouldn't have wanted him to change anything.

I ordered the grilled Waterton Lakes rainbow trout while my date ordered the beef rib eye. Both meals were outstanding. My vegetables were perfect tender-crisp and I can't say that I've ever had fish cooked so beautifully.

The restaurant is ideal for romance and making a special memory!

1  Thank justtakemetothebeach
There are newer reviews for Sugo

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having dropped in for a late lunch a couple of weeks before we decided to try it for Saturday supper for four. We were allocated the requested table and our server was great. The service here is slow which allows plenty of time for good conversation. I had the trout salad and the veal followed by pistachio creme brûlée - all delicious well proportioned. New addition to my favourite three.

1  Thank DWYGO
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I always look forward to trying new restaurants but will not return to Sugo. Our waiter was cool and disinterested, not making eye contact nor attempting to engage our table of four. The menu was uninspired and the prices sky high. Salt and pepper missing from the table and we looked longingly at the pepper grinder on the bar but we were not offered any, for either our starter or entree. My ahi tuna was ok, not particularly flavorful and the gooseberries in the couscous were bitterly sour.

There are so many great restaurant choices in the city - and I'll try any of them before returning to Sugo.

1  Thank Scampy11
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A group of us were there this past week. Ten of us from our office. The prices were extremely high and the food was average. The bruschetta was cold and tasteless, the fois gras apparently was not very good and the rest of the meal had no wow factor. One would expect wow when a meal of lamb chops was priced at 39 dollars or bruschetta over 10 dollars. The service was adequate although they brought me the bill I paid for it and then they came back with a voided bill saying they charged me incorrectly. The difference was about 200 more as the tip was added in on the second bill as a service charge. Not somewhere where I will be taking my staff again nor will I go there again unless they can assure that quality is better for the high prices thy charge.

1  Thank GBP1
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I dined at Sugo last night. The restaurant was buzzing, but it was immediately apparent that there might not have been enough staff on board. We hung around the front door a while before being seated. Actually, "seated" is a bit of a misnomer. We were pointed to our seat and sat, awaiting our menus. It set the tone for the night. Trying to be fair, I noted how many people were on the floor: 3 for about 55 guests. It was a heavy load to serve, bus, pour water, take orders, bring orders, refill water, remember diners' asks and collect on the tab. I could detail all the small steps our server and the kitchen missed but that would be belabouring the point.

This was a real shame, as the food, when it eventually did arrive, was fresh, well-prepared and thoughtfully crafted. The clichéd Italian resto serves big piles of food of varying quality. Not Sugo: the portions are well-sized, allowing a diner to make his/her way through everything from antipasto to dessert.

We'll try Sugo again. Hopefully they'll have one or two more people on board.

2  Thank linyip