“Overall, not that impressed”
Review of Big T's BBQ

Big T's BBQ
Ranked #16 of 3,668 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Description: We want you to experience the true taste of Calgarian BBQ! Our meats are slow smoked for several hours over Okanagan applewood. Featured on You Gotta Eat Here for our Elvis Platters. Come visit one of our two locations- one across from McMahon Stadium and one in The Calgary Farmers' Market.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

So, we saw the restaurant on the tv show "You gotta eat here" and since we were in the city decided to try it. Big fan of bbq ribs. I had the St.Louis style ribs and was less than impressed. Like another reviewer commented, I think its how they are done there. Mine were also over done, dry and a little burnt. I too was hoping for moist fall off the bone ribs. (and I don't mind saying it, I have never had bad ribs at Tony Romas). The price was a little spendy for a meal that was average and a little on the disappointing side. The service was great, I enjoyed the atmosphere. Would I go back? I will give them one more chance before I stick with Tony.

1  Thank WARREN R

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a craving for ribs and decided to try this place. It's been around in Calgary a long time but I had never been. I wanted to try the St. Louis style ribs but they were sold out (seemed surprising, as it was fairly early in the evening on the Friday) so had baby back ribs instead. Based on the reviews, I was expecting the ribs to be better, honestly. I was expecting moist, fall-off-the-bone ribs, but these were a bit tough, stringy and dry and were almost burnt. I think this is how they are done here, because the ribs looked the same at the tables around me. The cornbread and hush puppies that came with were good. I don't think I'll be back, Holy Smoke does better ribs.

Also, can restaurants just please stop serving drinks in Mason jars. It's not charming, it's just dumb, and the jars are so small the waitress had to keep bringing refills.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Dont be fooled by the front of the restaurant - we thought it was closed! But go inside and around the corner is a happening BBQ restaurant close to the University and the football stadium. Try the mixed meat platter which has ribs, pulled pork and sausage. Very reasonably priced for great BBQ!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ate here twice and had very nice food and great service. Located close to Motel Village and C Train. I would eat here again. Liked the smoked wings. Not sweet but good and smokey. The soup was excellent. My colleagues had an assortment from the menu and all were pleased.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I visit Calgary I make sure to visit Big T's. My first time here was about four years ago and I've been back at least a half dozen times since then. The ribs are amazing. The sauce is amazing. The service is amazing. It truly is a West Coast BBQ gem. Loved the baked beans. I've tried most of the sauces and there is no bad choice, they all taste great. It's not a big spot, but I've never had trouble getting a spot to eat. A few beer and a plateful of ribs....perfect.