“Yummy”

Ranked #667 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Me and my sisters went here last summer. The fish was fresh, the service was great. You got to grill your own food, whats not to love? Except the wait time

There are newer reviews for Sushi BBQ Inn

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The title of this review says it all. If you want horrible service, horrible food, at a horrible price then this is the place to go. I would never expect to be told that I ordered too much at an "all you can eat" restaurant especially when we were fully ready to pay if we did not finish the food. Maybe we ordered more than the average group of four would but we were so hungry; after all that is why we chose to go to an "all you can eat" place. To add insult to injury, they didn't even tell us right away that we had ordered too much, instead, they took our order, waited 20 minutes and then came back to the table and told us to simply leave. Only when questioned we were told by one of the chefs behind the counter that we had ordered too much. We were not even given a chance to redo our order to cut it back a bit.

On top of a genuinely horrible experience, if you like being embarrassed as well by incompetent staff then you should also add this to your list of places to visit.

3  Thank C C
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I could literally write a book about how bad this place is - but I'll try and keep it short. Here are the key points (many pointed out by others)

- Limit how long you can stay - but take forever to serve
- Purposely screw up order and pretend like we made a mistake
- Rude staff - questionable cleanliness
- Poor quality food - small portions
- Way to expensive for what you get

I get it - as a business - you don't want to go broke by offering all you can eat sushi to someone who literally could eat their weight in sushi - but those people are far and few between - and most people eat reasonable amounts of food. But what the owners of this restaurant do to their customers is unethical and plain wrong.

There are literally hundreds of restaurants better than this place - where you could spend the same amount of money, have higher quality food and leave with a fully belly. I would rather eat 7-11 sushi than from this place again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not my #1 choice as I am a vegetarian, but I agreed to try it...we did the all you can eat, which included many menu choices, but very few for myself. It was my first experience with a grill at our table, so that was neat, but I would not recommend this place to a fellow 'veg' as it is quite pricey if you don't enjoy traditional Korean dishes/seafood.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were on our way to Banff when we saw this Sushi BBq Inn restaurant; the kids were hungry so I hesitantly went in. At first the service was okay but when it came to the meat that we ordered, we waited for about 45 minutes. I reminded one our waitresses but even after 10 minutes, no sign of our BBQ. I got up and went looking for our waitress and once again I reminded her that we were waiting for our order. It finally came and it was two very small pieces of meat so small that my 10 year old could have eaten the two of those plates. During our wait period, my daughter and I heard someone heaving as if they were going to throw up. Since we only heard it one, we talked about it for a minute and then we dismissed it. That should have raised many red flags but again, I dismissed it. Both, my 4 yr old and my 10 yr old, ate only a very small bowl of miso soup noodles –probably worth $4 each- and my wife and I probable ate about $15 worth of food but yet we ended up paying $94.

Here is the best part, 20 minutes down the road my 10 year old started complaining about her stomach. Soon after, we had to stop on the side of the highway because she had to throwing up (this happened again on the highway close to Canmore). After this minor emergency we were on our way once again. 30 minutes later my younger daughter starts throwing up! Unbelievable!

Needless to say, we are in the process of calling the health inspectors to report this incident.

Never again will I even consider putting my family at risk by taking them back to this place.

1  Thank eltres33