“Convenient and reliable”

Days Inn Calgary Northwest
Ranked #45 of 109 Hotels in Calgary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Unfortunately, I was displaced by the Calgary flooding and had to stay at hotels for almost 2 weeks. This was one of the hotels we stayed at during this time and surprisingly turned out to be the one I liked the best. If only we could have booked it from the start!!

Positives:
- Free continental breakfast
- Free internet
- Free covered parking
- Absolutely loved the room setup; great decor
- Amazing upgraded bathroom
- There's a 7-11 nearby
- Laundry facility

Negatives:
- I cant think of one bad thing to say about this place; I loved it!

What really touched my heart; the day I had to check out and we were still scrambling to figure out if we could go home yet. I requested late check out for 2 pm, and understanding my situation; the manager asked the front desk to waive the late checkout fee. I truly appreciated this show of kindness! Not sure about the other reviews; but the front desk staff were nothing but pleasant to me for the entire duration

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind staying in the NW. The modern rooms and bathroom are great, and you will not be dissapointed whatsoever. This is the best hotel I have stayed at thus far in Calgary!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ola3rd
Brittany K, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
WOW!!!!! Thank you so much for the amazing review about our newly renovated property. We are however very sorry to hear that you were among one of the flood victims due to the Calgary floods. We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future; hopefully under better circumstances.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are all newly renovated Staff showed me the room before checkin and the entire family impressed. Manager Britney was amazing and bent over backwards for us.

Even though along a busy street did not hear the traffic through the window.

Only issue is trying to get on 16 ave and turning east. Traffic nightmare.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shonna M
Hannah C, General Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is especially nice to hear such great comments about Brittany and other staff! I’m glad you didn’t notice any traffic noise as I know this was a bit of a concern at check in. All of the windows on the front of the building are double paned thick glass and most of our guests do comment that it is much quieter than they expected.

I know this doesn’t help you now but perhaps for your next visit. There is a side entrance where you can loop around to merge onto 16th Ave East. We usually try to let any guest know when they inquire about going east as we know it can be difficult to get out of the main driveway in that direction.

We hope to see you next time you visit Calgary!
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is excellent value for money. The quality of the furnishings in the room far exceeded the class of the hotel. The bed was amazingly comfortable !!
Location is good. Close to the river, which makes an excellent running track in the morning. The gym is small but adequate.
The people on the front desk were pleasant, particularly the guy who works the night shift.
You have to eat breakfast out of paper plates and plastic cutlery ... really strange, but it has something to do with the Health Dept regulations.
Dont expect to find any restaurants nearby, but there are take-away options.
Getting into town is easy on the bus. The bus stop is one block away. Tip for the bus: You will need exactly $3.00 per trip. The drivers do not carry change.

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor. It is a little quiter, but the road noise is not bad.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Aussies_Travel
Thank you for your comprehensive review! So glad you enjoyed the beds….we receive so many compliments on the comfort of the mattresses. We are just over our 1 year anniversary of a full renovation; we agree that the quality of furnishings are not typical of what you would normally find. It’s nice to hear you took advantage of our great location near the river. You were here during an interesting time to see the height of the water as well. You are correct that only disposable plates and cutlery are available with the Complimentary Breakfast. It is due to limited space and Health Department regulations. We simply don’t have the space for commercial dish washing equipment and guest health and safety is a high priority for us at Days Inn Calgary Northwest.
Although there are plenty of take away options there are also several eat in options within walking distance or a short car ride. We have: upscale dining, a German schnitzel haus, Indian Cuisine, homemade pizza and pasta, a chain family style restaurant, sushi, a local pub and several fast food restaurants all within 4 blocks of the hotel. We keep a book of menus at the Business Center desk for guest use.
Thank you for the positive comments about the staff! We hope you get to stay with us again.
Calgary
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Very nice hotel- newly renovated rooms, modern. We were displaced from calgary home during the major floods, having a terrible day and worse week, and booked a room for a night. I did use an online service, so the girl at the front desk must have been personally offended by this. The room we booked was not quite what we wanted, so when we requested for a change or to pay for an upgrade- we may as well have asked for the moon. How dare we. She was confrontational, not understanding in the least, and talked to us like we were stupid, seemingly unaware that a web based booking site was the only way we would have heard of the hotel.

Very nice hotel- very disappointed in the experience. We checked out next day and moved to one in eau Claire

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest’s stay was anything less than they expected. I can understand you were under a lot of stress and I’m sorry to hear that you were one of our many guests that were displaced during the flooding. It is my understanding that you were speaking with our Front Office Manager. We use many online booking sites for hotel reservations and we fully understand that many guests would not otherwise know about our property. I’m sorry if you felt you were treated differently because you booked through an online booking agent. All of our guests are important no matter how they reserve their room. Unfortunately some reservations that come to us online have little flexibility in the changes we can make. I have spoken to the Manager who was working during your check in and she wished to convey the below message.

“I express regret that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. I apologize that you thought I was being confrontational at check in however; I did try to give you some options. It was decided that you wanted to just be checked into your current room. After you had checked into your room you called your online booking agent to be upgraded through them. Unfortunately as you had been in the room and used it I was unable to have your room cleaned to be re-rented. I apologize that I could not accommodate your needs that night as we were almost sold out and upgrading rooms was very difficult due to the high volume of rooms booked. I do hope that everything worked out for you and your wife with your house after the Calgary floods. Once again I do apologize if you felt mistreated. “

Brittany Komaric – Strepaniuk
Front Office Manager
Olds
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Days Inn Northwest--despite being evacuated at midnight. The rooms were clean. The bed was very comfortable. The choice of food available for breakfast was great. Best of all: the personable staff!
They were friendly, knowledgeable, and caring.

Having to evacuate the hotel at midnight must have been stressful for them; however, they did so quickly and professionally!

I would stay at your hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Carmel M
Hannah C, General Manager at Days Inn Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you were part of the mandatory evacuation that took place due to the floods in Calgary. Thank you for the kind words about how well the staff handled the situation. This was definitely a first for us at Days Inn Calgary Northwest. Luckily it didn't last long and we are open now! Our hotel was very fortunate to only have minor issues caused by flood water. Our elevator is currently on intermittent services but we hope this will be fixed in the next day or two and we can get back to business as usual just in time for Stampede 101. I must say that all of our guests took their untimely departure very well! Glad to hear you enjoyed the beds, hopefully you can stay with us again and enjoy a full night’s sleep in them. We have set up a guest purchase program with Simmons, anyone at the Front Desk can provide information if you are interested.